Safe to install iOS 9 public beta on primary device?

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
I noticed once my menu animations stopped working. A restart fixed the issue. Anyone else have this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks! I'm installing beta - couldn't wait any longer.

Same for me, installed last night. Initially the update failed after it downloaded but then it installed fine after a reboot. Too early to say anything definitive but so far so good. Like the new font, apps I have opened/used this morning seem to be working fine, had to do a manual iCloud backup since it did not do an automatic one last night.

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Same for me, installed last night. Initially the update failed after it downloaded but then it installed fine after a reboot. Too early to say anything definitive but so far so good. Like the new font, apps I have opened/used this morning seem to be working fine, had to do a manual iCloud backup since it did not do an automatic one last night.

Good to know. I honestly can't tell the difference between the old and new font.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
So far the beta has been working like a charm. I am noticing vastly improved battery life - 12 hrs standby and 2 hrs usage and I'm still at 78%. Wow! Haven't had any crashes or anything like that yet. Good stuff!

It's really sporadic for me

6c3ffb2c834f908e069a6f2920057e94.jpg

This is from today which I took off the charger around 10AM and at 11% around 2AM

Another time I would have a bit worse results

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
It's really sporadic for me

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/12/6c3ffb2c834f908e069a6f2920057e94.jpg

This is from today which I took off the charger around 10AM and at 11% around 2AM

Another time I would have a bit worse results

Similar experience here. Battery life appears to have improved by leaps and bounds. Particularly impressed with the new low power mode. It really constricts battery drain. I don't think I got such good battery life even when the phone was new!

1613f1e89fab0444e009388f5b710b7a.jpg

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine has been running fine. From my experience I can say it's safe to install iOS 9 public beta even on the primary device.

One question, it seems that my app updates have gotten slower. As in, it seemingly takes longer to download app updates. Anybody else noticed anything like this?

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
One question, it seems that my app updates have gotten slower. As in, it seemingly takes longer to download app updates. Anybody else noticed anything like this?

Same here. Good to know it's not just me.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been running fine. From my experience I can say it's safe to install iOS 9 public beta even on the primary device.

I have as well but a restart of my device seems to help a bit

jrhall

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious how Notes and iCloud Photo library on my Yosemite Macs will work with the iOS 9 beta? Last year's iOS 8 and Yosemite betas had the iCloud Drive which I had to leave turned off until the final versions came out as the iOS and Mac devices would loose their syncing ability.

As I understand it, Notes are incompatible with previous OS (iOS and Mac) versions, but do not know what would happen if they were updated on the iOS 9 device.

I've spent dozens of hours getting my photos all uploaded to the iPL and do not want to mess them up. I do understand that Photos.app in El Cap will change the library and is not openable with a Yosemite Photos.app, but do not know if it could share with a Photos.app library on a Yosemite machine. Also, how would the iOS 9 Photos.app affect the Yosemite Photos.app library.

I really want to update to iOS 9, but these are deal breakers for me if I can't keep syncing Notes and photos.

thx!

iwicked

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
So today morning when my alarm went off, instead of the regular tone my phone was making this horrible noise. Almost like some evil spirit had gotten inside it. Anyone else experience anything like this?

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
So today morning when my alarm went off, instead of the regular tone my phone was making this horrible noise. Almost like some evil spirit had gotten inside it. Anyone else experience anything like this?

Not sure if this is the same thing that happened to me. When I received a phone call the other day rather than my usual ringtone it was a horrible crackling sound, similar to when a tv channel hasn't been tuned in. Only happened the once.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods