iOS 9 Developer Beta 4 is out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There is one negative that I've experienced thus far. While driving moments ago, my iPhone started emitting the same alert tone you'd get if you enabled the lost iPhone option via the iCloud website. There was no way to stop it. Even a reboot didn't fix the issue. Anyway, the only way I could stop it was by disabling Bluetooth. I'm going to re-pair my iPhone to my car and see if that helps.

vsnlweb

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Strange... I don't see the OTA? Any work arounds to get it? Would really like to not have to do a fresh install... iCloud Backups don't work for some reason...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Was hoping I could load this one, but I may have to stay away again... Still to many simple features still broke.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Was hoping I could load this one, but I may have to stay away again... Still to many simple features still broke.

John, the inability to change the Message alert tone and the incident I had temporarily with the phone emitting a lost iPhone tone is nothing. The overall stability of beta 4 far outweigh those two matters, in my opinion, but I do understand your hesitation....:)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Such as?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Check release notes

John, the inability to change the Message alert tone and the incident I had temporarily with the phone emitting a lost iPhone tone is nothing. The overall stability of beta 4 far outweigh those two matters, in my opinion, but I do understand your hesitation....:)

Release notes state otherwise. Those are what I look at.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
There is one negative that I've experienced thus far. While driving moments ago, my iPhone started emitting the same alert tone you'd get if you enabled the lost iPhone option via the iCloud website. There was no way to stop it. Even a reboot didn't fix the issue. Anyway, the only way I could stop it was by disabling Bluetooth. I'm going to re-pair my iPhone to my car and see if that helps.

I had a weird situation on the public beta last week with a different sound. Facebook froze and stopped working on my phone and every time I would press the home button it would make the sound that it makes when you activate siri. Apple are gonna love me. Since downloading the public beta I have sent in 18 separate reports so far lol

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I could change the ringtone but not the message or reminders haven't tried any other yet.

Add Mail & Calendar to the list. Still, unless you have a reason to change from what you had before, it should be a problem. I wonder if a clean install would fix the issue. Hmmm I may take the time tomorrow to do it and find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.