iOS 9 Developer Beta 4 is out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My biggest complain with iOS 9 is its still very laggy. 8.4 is so much smoother. With this being beta 4 now, I would have expected better by now. We'll see what next and possible last beta brings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
My biggest complain with iOS 9 is its still very laggy. 8.4 is so much smoother. With this being beta 4 now, I would have expected better by now. We'll see what next and possible last beta brings.

I would half expect beta 5 to be laggier. Just because they are getting higher beta numbers doesn't mean the lag disappears generally bugs disappear and others appear. iOS 7 was terrible until GM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I would half expect beta 5 to be laggier. Just because they are getting higher beta numbers doesn't mean the lag disappears generally bugs disappear and others appear. iOS 7 was terrible until GM.

iOS 7 was also a overhaul. iOS 9 is suppose to be more about performance and stability. It's not a very huge update.

baz1536

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
iOS 7 was also a overhaul. iOS 9 is suppose to be more about performance and stability. It's not a very huge update.

You could say the same for iOS 3-6. Betas always have bugs till the end. Especially where stability is involved.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

They don't get too concerned with the lag thing til the end. There's too much else to fix and prepare for now. It goes with the beta territory. It's either tough it out or go back to 8.4. :)

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
They don't get too concerned with the lag thing til the end. There's too much else to fix and prepare for now. It goes with the beta territory. It's either tough it out or go back to 8.4. :)

I think lag has already decreased dramatically. The lag for the tabs window for the different apps (can't think of the name for the thing lol) has decreased SIGNIFICANTLY since the last beta. At least for the public releases

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've found this beta a little bit laggy. Not to bad a matter a fact. I've found a bug in the landscape feature on the home screen, oh, wait..... That issue has been here since iOS 8 lol. Other than that a few freezes and that's just about it!

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I just found an issue I'm having on my iPad Air where my contacts are showing multiples of same contact in the list of contacts . Not sure if it's the dev beta 4 or something to do with contact syncing.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a few issues so far. Battery life is stable and the build is pretty awesome!

1.) This is probably only relevant to me/a few. But I play 'Summoners War' in my spare time, and it crashes on this build. If I want to play the game, I need to delete and reinstall. Then, I can play it once, but once I close it, if I open again it will crash. *This could also be a problem with summoners war, I hear it has issues even on iOS8, but is probably worse for me using the iOS9 beta.

2.) Photos/Camera. Not a big deal, just a small glitch. But it seems when I take a photo in landscape mode, it saves it in portrait mode (upside down) when I try and look at my photos straight from the camera app. When I go into the photos app though, the picture is the right orientation. Again, a small glitch, doesn't really affect anything.

3.) Also something small. but Siri Suggestions seems to overflow into the 3rd row, but barely. A picture is worth a thousand words here:

Natt Moore

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a few issues so far. Battery life is stable and the build is pretty awesome!

1.) This is probably only relevant to me/a few. But I play 'Summoners War' in my spare time, and it crashes on this build. If I want to play the game, I need to delete and reinstall. Then, I can play it once, but once I close it, if I open again it will crash. *This could also be a problem with summoners war, I hear it has issues even on iOS8, but is probably worse for me using the iOS9 beta.

2.) Photos/Camera. Not a big deal, just a small glitch. But it seems when I take a photo in landscape mode, it saves it in portrait mode (upside down) when I try and look at my photos straight from the camera app. When I go into the photos app though, the picture is the right orientation. Again, a small glitch, doesn't really affect anything.

3.) Also something small. but Siri Suggestions seems to overflow into the 3rd row, but barely. A picture is worth a thousand words here:
[url]http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/SaMaster14/595b3479-2759-4cf8-b70a-9a7218efe63a.png[/URL]

Same here

endlessnoodling

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Running Dev Beta 4 on my iPad Mini 2, if I'm in landscape and launch the stock calendar the app crashes immediately every time. No issues in portrait.

Anyone else have the same?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Seems like there's no reason to jump into this update just yet? Or what does everyone think

It's a beta. There's no need to jump in yet. This one appears to be pretty solid. The next on? Don't know yet. The whole beta thing can be tricky to navigate. I am still not running in my daily driver - but I do have it on an older device (iPhone 5S).

Digital-Tony

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm stumped with this issue. With previous iOS versions I could use spotlight search to find an app that is lost on my cluttered home screen. I could, for example, search "DirecTV" and it would launch the app (and even show me what folder I hid it in). In Settings>Spotlight Search I no longer see a toggle for "Applications" so if I search "DirecTV" I get a ton of suggestions, but not the app itself (unless I choose App Store and launch from there). Any suggestions? I think I may have disabled the search option for applications in 9beta1 to save battery life, but not 100% sure and don't know if that could be the cause.

raywalther

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else have an issue restoring or updating? If I do a fresh install it works no problem but if i click update in iTunes and select the ipsw or if I do a clean install and restore from my 8.4 backup it goes into a boot loop, never starts up and when I plug it in it vibrates twice every few seconds

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm stumped with this issue. With previous iOS versions I could use spotlight search to find an app that is lost on my cluttered home screen. I could, for example, search "DirecTV" and it would launch the app (and even show me what folder I hid it in). In Settings>Spotlight Search I no longer see a toggle for "Applications" so if I search "DirecTV" I get a ton of suggestions, but not the app itself (unless I choose App Store and launch from there). Any suggestions? I think I may have disabled the search option for applications in 9beta1 to save battery life, but not 100% sure and don't know if that could be the cause.

Searching for apps on my device via Spotlight works great.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have an issue restoring or updating? If I do a fresh install it works no problem but if i click update in iTunes and select the ipsw or if I do a clean install and restore from my 8.4 backup it goes into a boot loop, never starts up and when I plug it in it vibrates twice every few seconds

Nope, and I've done both without a problem.

Digital-Tony

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
Searching for apps on my device via Spotlight works great.

Thanks, D. If you go to Settings>Spotlight Search is there a toggle option for "Applications"? I just have a bunch (18) of blank icon holders where it should be and before the list of my individual apps start. I think I goofed something up in beta1 - I remember basically disabling a lot of search options because the theory was they were killing the battery. Not sure why it's gone in b4, though.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, D. If you go to Settings>Spotlight Search is there a toggle option for "Applications"?
No Sir.
I just have a bunch (18) of blank icon holders where it should be and before the list of my individual apps start. I think I goofed something up in beta1 - I remember basically disabling a lot of search options because the theory was they were killing the battery. Not sure why it's gone in b4, though.
Like you, I noticed the change back in beta 1 and I still haven't made sense of why there are individual apps listed with toggle buttons next to them. I mean, I don't plan on doing a Spotlight search for data contained within the Basketball Showdown game. Know what I mean?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR