Issues seen in iOS 9 Public Beta (Feedback Submitted)

Som Kundu

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I am from India and installed iOS 9 Public Beta last week. Below are the issues I have encountered so far and submitted a feedback for. This might vary for different people, just want to get an opinion if similar is seen by others.

Build No. 13A4293G

1. Music Label in storage section does not appear
- When I go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage (iphone), my top grosser is the Music app since I have about 100 sync songs from my Mac. But to my surprise, the Music label does not appear. It only show the icon to the extreme left and the space occupied (about 815 MB). The word label "Music" is missing. All other apps have their label. When I touch the music label, the app crashes and takes me to the home screen. I assume the crash is for the same reason that the label is also missing. Touching other apps does not cause Settings to crash.

2. Notification Sounds for mails or message or Whatsapp does not always sound
- When the screen is locked, the notification sound for some 3rd party apps like Whatsapp and native apps like imessage and email does not sound even with iphone on ringer mode and max volume.
- I just find the notification on the locked screen but never hear any sound. This is sporadic. But if the apps are active (in foreground, being used) then the sound is audible and notifs also appear from the top.

3. AccuWeather (3rd party app) crashes when adding a new city to its list.
- Although on re-launching the app, the new city is seen in the list but during adding it the app crashes everytime

4. Whatsapp freezes when switching keyboard from alphabets to Emoji
- This happens during the first time when on switching to Emoji keyboard, the s/w shows a pop-up about alternate keyboards. The screen freezes indefinitely and does not let me click OK to dismiss the screen. Got this sorted out by changing the keyboards via the native imessage app. It did not freeze there.

These are the 4 issues I have reported until now by the Feedback assistant. Will update more as I find and report. Want people's advice if they encounter the same issues or different as well.

evannhoj

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Updated to iOS Public Beta 2.

So far, here are what I've encountered:
- Problems syncing iBooks. I'm trying to sync 300+ epubs files via iTunes. It syncs but when I look at the app, it shows just 10 books.
I resorted to using 3rd party apps. Gerty and Kindle are the best alternatives.

- Crashes to home page when I change tones. I'm waiting for the new update to fix this.

- Play count not syncing to iTunes. Don't know which one's problem is it: iTunes 12.2 or iOS 9 PB2

- Also, missing News app. I really want to try this one.

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else seeing full deleted history when using FaceTime? Even though I deleted all my older calls prior to this update they keep showing up every time I open the app. Even after I delete them again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim