iOS 9 hosed all my photos ---- wrong dates.

Remy De Leeuw

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
At my phone I have my synced photos in their own folders, but all the folders are twice on my phone and in the duplicates there are other photos :p
Already reported in to apple.

But so far I really like ios 9

jmendel33

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Only half my photos show in albums but they are all in the timeline

Reported to apple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I haven't checked my photos, but they look in order. I really do need to start messing with iCloud Drive.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Meh it's fun lol. Have it on both my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 plus and don't even have backups on my computer for either device :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I'm upgrading finally from my puny iPhone 5 to the 6s Plus in September, and I want it all to be new. :D

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I've personally never really liked the S series imo. Last one I had was the 3GS and got rid of it in 4 months lol

the S is only an improvement over the prior model... not sure what you wouldn't like about it?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
the S is only an improvement over the prior model... not sure what you wouldn't like about it?

Because I don't want last years model? People love to hate Samsung designs but at least they change it up even slightly . With the iPhone it's 2 years of one model and then change

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Is there a fix? Please. Anyone? Bueller?
I honestly don't know what to tell you because the dates of my photos are correct. If your photos are synced to the iCloud Photo Library, log into iCloud via a computer and check the dates of the photos therein. If they are correct via the website then you should be able to logout of iCloud on your iOS device and then have the photos re-sync to it, possibly with the correct dates.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Because I don't want last years model? People love to hate Samsung designs but at least they change it up even slightly . With the iPhone it's 2 years of one model and then change

The 7 won't be too different. I will be looking forward to iOS 10 next year though. I'm hoping since there's not a lot of new features in 9, that 10 will have a bunch. LOL

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
The 7 won't be too different. I will be looking forward to iOS 10 next year though. I'm hoping since there's not a lot of new features in 9, that 10 will have a bunch. LOL

There's no in your face upgrade but it's an stellar update. The low power mode is 20 times better then Samsung ultra power saver mode and I believe Apple won't market it as much as Samsung marketed ultra power saver. You don't need to make the phone greyscale or lose functions with power saver mode in ios9 yet saves battery life quite a lot.

I also rather get the spec upgrade , whatever else Apple shows in the S and a new body. From what I've read the touch ID sensor isn't anywhere as good as the 6 and 6 plus sensor .

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site

It's actually one year for the high end model. The 'S' series of iPhone devices are not the "same".

The 3GS felt like a totally new phone to the 3G. So did the 4S with speed and Siri. 5S with the fingerprint and more speed.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
It's actually one year for the high end model. The 'S' series of iPhone devices are not the "same".

The 3GS felt like a totally new phone to the 3G. So did the 4S with speed and Siri. 5S with the fingerprint and more speed.

Yes it's the same "model" .... The 3GS , 4S and 5S ALL LOOK the SAME minus a few minor details like touch ID

I have a friend who's been a iPhone guy for life and even though my previous one was an iPhone 4 he has had the 4S, 5 and 5s and they are the same models basically minus a few details.

You couldn't tell the difference between an iPhone 4 and 4S but you could with an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 5. Minus the touch ID sensor the 5s and 5 looks basically the same except of the new color schemes

And as far as so called "speed" it really hasn't "increased" at all. It feels the same I had with my iPhone 4 . You just have a better CPU and more ram to handle the better software.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Yes it's the same "model" .... The 3GS , 4S and 5S ALL LOOK the SAME minus a few minor details like touch ID

I have a friend who's been a iPhone guy for life and even though my previous one was an iPhone 4 he has had the 4S, 5 and 5s and they are the same models basically minus a few details.

You couldn't tell the difference between an iPhone 4 and 4S but you could with an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 5. Minus the touch ID sensor the 5s and 5 looks basically the same except of the new color schemes

And as far as so called "speed" it really hasn't "increased" at all. It feels the same I had with my iPhone 4 . You just have a better CPU and more ram to handle the better software.

Having a friend who has all the models versus me who gets every one and uses on a daily basis, myself, they are different to me. If it were the same, they would have the same model number. And yes, I could tell the difference between the phones easily. Siri or on CDMA models the 4 didn't have a sim slot. The 5S, it was the colors and fingerprint scanner.

I also get all the latest androids... I see the difference with my Android with loads of apps and my iPhone devices with a lot. My 4 was slow after I filled it up... the S? Nope.

But the point is... if you don't have the 6, so how would it be getting the same model? It's a model you don't have, even if it were the "same". I know folks who only do the S models because they are the internal improvements over the cosmetic ones.

Thinking like that will really have you wasting an upgrade. It's like those who won't use their upgrades because it's February and they rather wait for the "new" model to come out in the fall... lol.

But to each their own, I guess. Hopefully the 7 brings you every change you want in your device.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Having a friend who has all the models versus me who gets every one and uses on a daily basis, myself, they are different to me. If it were the same, they would have the same model number. And yes, I could tell the difference between the phones easily. Siri or on CDMA models the 4 didn't have a sim slot. The 5S, it was the colors and fingerprint scanner.

I also get all the latest androids... I see the difference with my Android with loads of apps and my iPhone devices with a lot. My 4 was slow after I filled it up... the S? Nope.

But the point is... if you don't have the 6, so how would it be getting the same model? It's a model you don't have, even if it were the "same". I know folks who only do the S models because they are the internal improvements over the cosmetic ones.

Thinking like that will really have you wasting an upgrade. It's like those who won't use their upgrades because it's February and they rather wait for the "new" model to come out in the fall... lol.

But to each their own, I guess. Hopefully the 7 brings you every change you want in your device.

See your saying it yourself ..... Besides sim slots , touch ID and color schemes they ARE the SAME ..... The S models use the same general design of the previous model . The 6S will be basically the 6 model and then the 7 will be a different one . This is the pattern Apple has followed since day they started the S series . The S series is the same basic model which I don't want . Does the Samsung galaxy S6 use the same actual model as the S5? No it doesn't . They been using the same shape but different design and now different materials . I can basically guarantee any case you bought for the 6 will fit the 6S.

I'm talking physical attributes and ones beyond paint jobs and sim card slots . The S series follows the same design language the predecessor sets. If it wasn't for the 6 and its increased size I would of probably waited a few more weeks and got a Samsung galaxy s6

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
See your saying it yourself ..... Besides sim slots , touch ID and color schemes they ARE the SAME ..... The S models use the same general design of the previous model . The 6S will be basically the 6 model and then the 7 will be a different one . This is the pattern Apple has followed since day they started the S series . The S series is the same basic model which I don't want . Does the Samsung galaxy S6 use the same actual model as the S5? No it doesn't . They been using the same shape but different design and now different materials . I can basically guarantee any case you bought for the 6 will fit the 6S.

I'm talking physical attributes and ones beyond paint jobs and sim card slots . The S series follows the same design language the predecessor sets. If it wasn't for the 6 and its increased size I would of probably waited a few more weeks and got a Samsung galaxy s6

I was telling you how I can tell. But you'd rather cosmetics over internal... which to me, that's having the same device.

Samsung needs money, any way they can get it. The two year cycle works for those like me who get the new model every year. You know how many people are pissed that they bought all new charging accessories for their Galaxy S5, but then they switch the port on the next model? Aside from online, I can't tell you where to find that proprietary charger that Samsung attempted to use.

There's a reason you'll see a walls of iPhone accessories and about 1/4 for galaxy devices. Manufacturers can count on those models being almost identical for the second year.

Back to get back on topic... I upgraded to iCloud Drive. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake.