iOS 9 hosed all my photos ---- wrong dates.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I was telling you how I can tell. But you'd rather cosmetics over internal... which to me, that's having the same device.

Samsung needs money, any way they can get it. The two year cycle works for those like me who get the new model every year. You know how many people are pissed that they bought all new charging accessories for their Galaxy S5, but then they switch the port on the next model? Aside from online, I can't tell you where to find that proprietary charger that Samsung attempted to use.

There's a reason you'll see a walls of iPhone accessories and about 1/4 for galaxy devices. Manufacturers can count on those models being almost identical for the second year.

Back to get back on topic... I upgraded to iCloud Drive. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake.

You get better internals with the 7 ....you get the S but better ..... The touch ID sensor is better on the 6 then e 5S

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There's always improvements year to year. Doesn't matter if it's the "S" or not. The big difference between the 4s and 5 was screen size increase. Again from the 5s to the 6. But screen size is not likely to change from the 6s to the 7. Thickness and bezel size may. The 6s will have new hardware. The 7 will also have new hardware. But I'm certainly not going to forgo the 6s Plus because the 7 might have something newer. The battery in my old 5 is waning and my eyes need more real estate. But so much for this thread hijacking. As far as the photos go, IDK. I keep mine in cloud based apps like Box.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't know what to tell you because the dates of my photos are correct. If your photos are synced to the iCloud Photo Library, log into iCloud via a computer and check the dates of the photos therein. If they are correct via the website then you should be able to logout of iCloud on your iOS device and then have the photos re-sync to it, possibly with the correct dates.

I will give it a try... Thx

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't know what to tell you because the dates of my photos are correct. If your photos are synced to the iCloud Photo Library, log into iCloud via a computer and check the dates of the photos therein. If they are correct via the website then you should be able to logout of iCloud on your iOS device and then have the photos re-sync to it, possibly with the correct dates.

I logged into iCloud and the some dates are wrong too. Just like all my other IOS devices and Macs too.

I looked at the pictures on my iMac (not thru the photo app) using finder and I see that the photo's exif data has the correct date.

So I am thinking about logging out of all my IOS devices. Backing up my iMac pictures and trashing my Photos library and resetting/resync my photos.

Hoping this resync will give me the correct dates.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I logged into iCloud and the some dates are wrong too. Just like all my other IOS devices and Macs too.

I looked at the pictures on my iMac (not thru the photo app) using finder and I see that the photo's exif data has the correct date.

So I am thinking about logging out of all my IOS devices. Backing up my iMac pictures and trashing my Photos library and resetting/resync my photos.

Hoping this resync will give me the correct dates.

Did this work for you?

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well..... I didn't end up having to rebuild my photo library after all. While on break at work, I deleted about 100 snapshots off my iPhone and after the photos were gone everything was fine with dates. All my devices and macs are showing the correct dates.

I suppose the mass delete forced a refresh/resync thru iCloud and corrected the date issue.

Dodged a bullet for sure!

Thanks for everyone's help, including you thread hijackers too.

:tongue:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Well..... I didn't end up having to rebuild my photo library after all. While on break at work, I deleted about 100 snapshots off my iPhone and after the photos were gone everything was fine with dates. All my devices and macs are showing the correct dates.

I suppose the mass delete forced a refresh/resync thru iCloud and corrected the date issue.

Dodged a bullet for sure!

Thanks for everyone's help, including you thread hijackers too.

:tongue:

Glad you found a solution!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen