Is the sketch/draw feature working for anyone in Notes (iOS 9 Beta 2)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I was anxious to try the ability to sketch, draw, etc in Notes - but it appears that's not working yet in Beta 2. Can anyone fill in details when that will be available?

Thx

iPad Mini (A1432)

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Notes (Beta 2)

I'm actually just waiting for Apple to put a universal note list back into Notes. I hate this whole thing of having all my notes separated by account. I want to see all my notes in one list, and I haven't found a way to do that in iOS 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm actually just waiting for Apple to put a universal note list back into Notes. I hate this whole thing of having all my notes separated by account. I want to see all my notes in one list, and I haven't found a way to do that in iOS 9.

Okay, they need to have that fixed by the time the Public Beta hits.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I agree, in the meantime I just found a workaround, you can move your notes to iCloud, thereby creating a singular list within iCloud.

I've had mine that way a long time. It also prevents you from losing notes. Sometimes an email account gets turned off in Settings. The Notes then vanish to the email Notes folder. Many don't know that and think they lost the Notes.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I was anxious to try the ability to sketch, draw, etc in Notes - but it appears that's not working yet in Beta 2. Can anyone fill in details when that will be available?

Thx

iPad Mini (A1432)

Unless I'm misunderstanding your post, the sketch feature works for me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436044547.253043.jpg

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Did you enable anything?

It's not letting me????

No sir. I simply tapped on the new note option. There's a glitch to where when you do select to type a new note, the keyboard appears and block the tools at the bottom of the screen. Simply swipe down on the keyboard to reveal the sketching tool. Select it and begin sketching.

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
No sir. I simple tapped on the new note option. There's a glitch to where when you do select to type a new note, the keyboard appears and block the tools at the bottom of the screen. Simply swipe down on the keyboard to reveal the sketching tool. Select it and begin sketching.

It could be because I'm on the public beta, but the keyboard won't swipe down for me.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It could be because I'm on the public beta, but the keyboard won't swipe down for me.

While in the Notes app, select to create a new note. After that, place your finger in the center of the screen and then drag it down to the home button without pressing it. The keyboard should disappear from the screen, and within a second, you should see the sketch tool.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
While in the Notes app, select to create a new note. After that, place your finger in the center of the screen and then drag it down to the home button without pressing it. The keyboard should disappear from the screen, and within a second, you should see the sketch tool.

I'm such a dummy! I forgot I didn't upgrade Notes to the new version when I restarted after installing the beta. (I wanted to wait until I upgraded to the El Capitan beta first.) DOH! Thanks though. Got it working now.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm such a dummy! I forgot I didn't upgrade Notes to the new version when I restarted after installing the beta. (I wanted to wait until I upgraded to the El Capitan beta first.) DOH! Thanks though. Got it working now.
You're welcome, sir, and thank you for the update...:)

abenba

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Downloaded IOS 9 (public data) to my Mini Ipad and it works..except the sketch features! They doesn't show up though I have tried all tricks and actions mentioned above.
BTW: it works ok with my Iphone 6

veritas_vincit

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I observed it only works in my iPhone if I select the upper left sign in the Notes App screen which will take me to the Folders. Then I select "ON MY IPHONE" and there I can work with the sketch. I can't see it in the original already created folder I was always using. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711