Apple News.app vs Flipboard or something

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
With the unveiling of Apples News.app does anyone think it will be able to take on Flipboard? I know that Flipboard is available for multi platforms but for iPhone users, do you think it will replace Flipboard or whatever news app you have on your iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it, but I can't say for certain until I've tested it. I prefer the traditional RSS layout over the magazine style, but that Just Me, D...:)

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I doubt it, but I can't say for certain until I've tested it. I prefer the traditional RSS layout over the magazine style, but that Just Me, D...:)

Currently I use Reeder 2 and Flipboard. I have a few others but I use those two the most. I am excited to try Apples News app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently a Feedly and Zite kinda guy, but with the retirement of Zite soon (and no further investment into the app for some time) and also the new Apple news product, might be time to assess options.

I suspect that Feedly will continue to be the mainstay.

(ps - also a previous user of Reeder)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I might like the new Apple News. But if the text is very low contrast I won't. I have Ziner. It's an RSS feed with a dark theme option. And I have Pulse.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
OP - it will replace FB for sure, FB had it coming due to all the extra layers and changes over time.
I would use the original FB anytime if given the option to downgrade (and it works on the new device)

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Flipboard is my favorite app. I'll give News a try but much like Apple Music vs my second favorite app (Spotify), I foresee it heading to my junk Apple app folder.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I use newsstand because I'm forced to for my newspaper subscriptions. My hope is that those apps are just stand alone and aren't integrated into this news app. I'm not a fan of this "flip style" stuff.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative