Apple Notes.app vs Evernote or whatever

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
With the unveiling of Apples updated notes app does anyone think it will be able to take on Evernote? I know that Evernote is available for multi platforms but for iPhone users, do you think it will replace Evernote or whatever note taking app you have on your iPhone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Take over Evernote? No, I don't think so. Having said that, more people may find it more useful for short-term quick note use.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I had Evernote for a while, but couldn't get used to it. I use the stock notes app and Box Notes. If you have Box, and haven't tried the Notes feature, you should try it.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
A lot of notes I take have sensitive information so I just use 1password for those.

Pretty much anything else I just jot down in the Apple Notes app. I've tried Evernote in the past but I felt overwhelmed.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Is it true the new notes app will have a "check list" feature? Also, can you share notes with others, like a family share feature perhaps?

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I like the new Notes app. Not sure if it's ready to replace the '2Do' app but it's definitely a good start.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I don’t think it will be an Evernote killer, no. However, it was in desperate need of these features. I attempt to stick with stock apps whenever I can, and this will most definitely help.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
The more I play with it the more I like it. Finally I can cut and paste a document into notes and it retains its format. It's much less cluttered than Evernote and I do like it better than one note already. Great Job Apple! Now make reminders more useful

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Evernote still does several things that the new Apple Notes does not. Specifically, it can automatically OCR attached PDF's (or any file) and be able to search within attachments for keywords. Additionally, the other features such as Web Clipper, Scannable's integration into Evernote, etc are matched only by OneNote in this regard (though I like Evernote's versions better). Then there's the fact that Evernote is cross platform as well.

For casual notes with images/links, i.e. on a more casual level, I could see Notes replacing Evernote for some users just because of the first party integration. Definitely not a replacement for power users, though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Evernote still does several things that the new Apple Notes does not. Specifically, it can automatically OCR attached PDF's (or any file) and be able to search within attachments for keywords. Additionally, the other features such as Web Clipper, Scannable's integration into Evernote, etc are matched only by OneNote in this regard (though I like Evernote's versions better). Then there's the fact that Evernote is cross platform as well.

For casual notes with images/links, i.e. on a more casual level, I could see Notes replacing Evernote for some users just because of the first party integration. Definitely not a replacement for power users, though.

Well-stated...:)

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Very good point.

JakubRWrobel

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
The only reason why I would continue using OneNote is that I can lock my notes with a password if I want to. I've not heard of a similar feature in the new Notes app. I will most likely use Apple's Notes app once I have iOS 9 back on my phone and El Capitan on my Mac's, but for now I'm sticking with OneNote.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I heard that the new Notes.app has the ability to create folders. Anyone with the beta able to let me know if this is true?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have always used the regular notes app. As above for anything sensative I use 1Password.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I look forward to seeing the notes app when it's released, but I doubt it will be useful enough for me to switch from OneNote. We will see.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods