Apple SPAM...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The only time I saw that screen was during the initial setup of my device. I haven't seen it since.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the wherewithal to ignore it.

I mean yeah, ignoring it isn't some difficult process...but this came in between me downloading an app via the new Wallet app, and in the 8 years or so that I've had an iPhone, I've never been interrupted once by SPAM when I'm downloading an app from the app store...I kind of liked that track record of non-intrusiveness, so this stood out kind of blatantly to me.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I mean yeah, ignoring it isn't some difficult process...but this came in between me downloading an app via the new Wallet app, and in the 8 years or so that I've had an iPhone, I've never been interrupted once by SPAM when I'm downloading an app from the app store...I kind of liked that track record of non-intrusiveness, so this stood out kind of blatantly to me.

tcook@apple.com -- :D

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I guess they really want to push this music service.

The fact that they are making it available for Android is what convinced me of that. They actually used the word "Android" without a negative reference to it after and that made me think they really want to pimp this thing.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The fact that they are making it available for Android is what convinced me of that. They actually used the word "Android" without a negative reference to it after and that made me think they really want to pimp this thing.

Well that's good to know because the entire app presentation looked like some catastrophe you'd see on the show Pimp My Ride...so it's kind of fitting.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It came up on me also I tried to download but kept asking for my login info even though I was logged in so I backed out and it never came back lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
It is a one time notification to make it easy for people who want it - if you don't need the apps ignore them and you won't see them again.

You don't hear people complaining about this (even though they keep on sending all the time)
1 - why do I get an envelop with my paper statement - I always make online payments
2 - why do I get a popup from google to use something - I have never used them
3 - why do I get a renewal message for my magazines - if I want it I will call them

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It is a one time notification to make it easy for people who want it - if you don't need the apps ignore them and you won't see them again.

You don't hear people complaining about this (even though they keep on sending all the time)
1 - why do I get an envelop with my paper statement - I always make online payments
2 - why do I get a popup from google to use something - I have never used them
3 - why do I get a renewal message for my magazines - if I want it I will call them

This pop up came in the middle of me downloading an application from the app store, it actually stopped my progress in getting the app for me to read the ad...it was an oddity that I had never experienced before, and it felt like SPAM for the following reasons:

- In the 8 or so years of owning an iPhone, I've never been prompted to "try out this app!" while shopping in the app store.
- Because it was something new, I attributed it to something new changed for iOS 9 (meaning, it felt like advertisements for Apple products within their own system)
- Because we have no historic record to say this is, in fact, an isolated thing and will only happen once (as you ASSUMED above), I made mention of it to see if other people were noticing it anywhere else, or with anymore frequency.

...this is a BETA. This is a time where strange, unique or unusual processes, actions and issues are discussed and brought up so they can be reported to Apple since the OS is being polished and readied for the end user. Telling someone to "ignore it and get over it" is just being silly...because this is not something that is normal to the typical iOS experience.

Could it be a one time thing and never pop up again? Absolutely. But it could also very easily be a new model of advertising from Apple within their stores...and if that is the case, I'm not a fan (like I said before), because I've had almost a decade of using the app store WITHOUT this kind of marketing, which is usually referred to as SPAM in all other parts of the industry.