Re: Ios 9 Beta compatible Apps
Ok--I used to be in college a few years back, download every single BlackBerry leak. I'd put up with it [any issues]. Now, I am about to start a new job, so I am here to ask:
1. Does messaging, mail, and phone work properly? Yes
2. Is there a transit guide for NYC/LIRR in the Maps that works properly--in case my Embark or LIRR apps do not? Haven't checked, but my Embark and my LIRR apps work properly.
3. Instagram is probably my most used 3rd party app, how has that been working? works flawlessly
4. I also survive daily with DarkSky [the best weather app]. Does anyone use that and is it working on 9? works flawlessly, and if you don't have it, download it.
5. Health--does it erase your data, or do you sign in with iCloud and it brings it all back up. I'm at avg 5 miles a day (current job), and I'd like to keep that data! note to all, encrypting your backup will save your health data. although i did not restore obviously to a prior backup when 9 installed, all of my health carried over. I am still...in good health
*all apps, including Soundcloud, Shazam, GoogleMaps, PNCBank, Whatsapp, Twitter, Paper, Calendars 5...seem to be working properly. I actually just opened app store and updated Twitter and that works fine.
**Allow me to note News. I had been using Facebook's Paper, which btw is working flawlessly on 9, and I loved it. News on iOS9 is so far pretty cool! Great added feature...
***I still wish upon shooting stars that Apple would allow my i6 to have a landscape home screen. It does not make sense why they don't.
****Getting used to the new "close app double click" screen...I hate how it blurs out the background FOR SURE, but, as with any update, I will get used to it; however, my suggestion is that they do not blur the background.
*****Have not tried a phone call yet, have not tried low battery mode yet, but I will report back for those who are wondering.