iOS 9.0 Developer beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any springboard crashes but I unplugged it from the charger 7 and a half hours ago and put it on silent overnight, like I usually do.

Usually the battery will still be 100% when I wake up. Today (first night since I loaded the beta) it was 71%(!)...

And that was with background data off.

I've reported it but holy cow.

Andrew Rossetti

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Haven't noticed any significant battery drain on my iPod touch, so perhaps the culprit may rest with the mobile radio? Just a thought. Also, had an issue where apps were not updating. Tapping either the individual update box or update all just showed that they were trying to download, but no progress. Other network activity was fine, so it wasn't a network issue. Ended up restarting the device and all was fine.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Haven't noticed any significant battery drain on my iPod touch, so perhaps the culprit may rest with the mobile radio? Just a thought. Also, had an issue where apps were not updating. Tapping either the individual update box or update all just showed that they were trying to download, but no progress. Other network activity was fine, so it wasn't a network issue. Ended up restarting the device and all was fine.

I'm starting to think its the mobile radio chip as well.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 6 or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any springboard crashes but I unplugged it from the charger 7 and a half hours ago and put it on silent overnight, like I usually do.

Usually the battery will still be 100% when I wake up. Today (first night since I loaded the beta) it was 71%(!)...

And that was with background data off.

I've reported it but holy cow.

That's worse than my old iP 5.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
That's worse than my old iP 5.

It's worse than my depleted 4 lol.

I'm staying with it on my daily driver because it won't be long before the next update and I'm always near power, but all I could think was "if it's that bad on a 6 plus, imagine what a 6 or 5S would be..."

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the beta installed on both my iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 Plus. Tot experiment I started from scratch setting up the Air and restored the 6 plus from backup. The air is running fantastic and ultimately I reinstalled and did a fresh set up with the 6 plus. Whatever legacy code that was trapped in the restore caused the 6 plus to lag and drop battery life very quickly. Setting up as new not only improved battery performance but really got rid of 90% of the lag issues I was experiencing.

Batting1000

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
People are reporting that turning off mobile data fixes the drain. Obviously this isn't ideal, but I've read that it works. Also, I've read that people are seeing obscene amounts of data usage so this could show that mobile data is indeed the issue here.

Paul Pavlou

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
People are reporting that turning off mobile data fixes the drain. Obviously this isn't ideal, but I've read that it works. Also, I've read that people are seeing obscene amounts of data usage so this could show that mobile data is indeed the issue here.

Think I'm going to download 8.4 beta 4 and install that instead till iOS 9 beta 2 is released. Just to draining and laggy for my liking

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
So having 4G and all the searches turned off today has helped a little. It's nearly 6pm here and I still have 25% battery. Yesterday when I left work at 4pm I was already under 20%. My watch (on watchos 2) has been doing significantly better too. I've still got 48% left now, so not quite as good as it was on 1.0.1 but at least it hasn't died already like it did the last two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.