Public Beta - available now (7/9/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry I should explain .. I have the actual news app even thou it crashes constantly and the for you section never loads ...
But I am missing the news section in the search area under the apps and places section View attachment 84927

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least your getting something on your spotlight. I have had 9 for almost 24 hours now and nothing ever shows up on it. This is the one feature I was looking forward to. All my notes just disappeared also. Ugh.

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to download the public beta, but I keep getting the error as posted below. Any suggestions?
b992be3d1934f6dc865dd06d469865cd.jpg

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Decided to install the public beta on my iPod touch and my iPhone 6 yesterday, ended up restoring my iPhone back to 8.4 but kept my iPod touch on the public beta. The public beta is stable but some things didn't feel right on my phone to keep it (mainly Apple music and the keyboard). Still using it on my iPod touch but I still can't get use to the keyboard.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Not sure if I'm a fan of the new app switcher. In iOS 8 you could see the full card which helped when your trying to reference something without going into that app.

Yes, I am definitely going to miss that about the current iOS!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
At least your getting something on your spotlight. I have had 9 for almost 24 hours now and nothing ever shows up on it. This is the one feature I was looking forward to. All my notes just disappeared also. Ugh.

Mine wasn't showing anything then a hard reboot seemed to work

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I need to wait until I buy my Mac (hopefully next week) so I can back up my iPad Air 2 and run iOS 9 on that, since it isn't as critical to be perfect like my phone. If I installed the beta now and something went wrong, my iPad wouldn't have a computer archived backup to restore from.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So I just loaded beta 3 using shift update in iTunes over the top off the public beta then removed the profile .. Now the search area shows news and over all beta 3 seems soother then the public beta

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I signed up for the public beta a month or so ago. I never received an email about the release. Is it available OTA?

Try checking the site where you had to sign up. You need to download a profile from that site and install is it via OTA. You won't be able to install it without the profile.

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Downloaded. First impressions, not as buggy as I expected, in fact the only bugs I have found are Music keeps saying I'm offline (can still download songs to my iPhone) and there is nothing coming through when I swipe over to the new search area. News is working perfect and the scrolling is buttery smooth so far.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded. First impressions, not as buggy as I expected, in fact the only bugs I have found are Music keeps saying I'm offline (can still download songs to my iPhone) and there is nothing coming through when I swipe over to the new search area. News is working perfect and the scrolling is buttery smooth so far.

My news app crashes constantly for some reason while trying to load the "for you " tab

redsharktibby

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
My news app crashes constantly for some reason while trying to load the "for you " tab

I guess I'm the lucky one on that one. Finally got the search to fully work well for me. I don't expect this stability to last on a beta.
b6070c6671b0d8b1c25e9c022a6fb2b4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen