IOS 9 + No Jailbreak Opinions

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
The fact that jailbreaking requires exploiting several un-intended bugs, I'd say this is a smart move. Jailbreak was never an intended feature, and is nothing but a security liability to the vast majority of users. If there are often used features that are only available via jailbreak, then the correct way to satisfy these users is to implement these features in the core OS.

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Double edged sword, but I'd rather have the ability than not.

For all my talking, I haven't jailbroken my last two devices, so what do I know.

Exactly. I want to at least have the option to.

And lets be honest, your device is probably more susceptible to theft or other means of getting your info as opposed to a jailbreak exploit... I'm sure Nude-Gate had nothing to do with a jailbreak tweak or exploit. iOS is already one of the most secure if not THEE most secure of the current mobile OS's.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I love my jailbroke 4s and it's the only reason I dont upgrade to the latest IOS. There are just too many J/B features that I like that are not/wont be available to non-J/B phones. Simple case in point. iBlacklist is a J/B app that isn't available to unbroken phones, yet offers to much that I dont want to give it up. Customization of the notification center, tweaking the Control Center to add just what I want, instead of what Apple "thinks" I want there... Many of the popular J/B apps that we've all come to love wouldn't be a security problem, so why is it these types of apps aren't available to non-J/B users?

Personally, I'll hang on to my J/B 4s until it dies, then I'll upgraded. Until then.. i'll keep my jailbreak and my 4s.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
But there still are some people that DO like to jailbreak. I just think it should be an option for those that do. I think some sort of "developer edition" device would be dope for those of us that would like to purchase that

I think you're looking at this as doom and gloom for jailbreaking all together and I don't think that's the case at all.

These kids are up 24 hours a day doing endless coding on stuff we'll never understand in a million years while hopped up on caffeine and who knows what else. No matter if it's a rootless kernel, they're going to achieve a jailbreak because they like doing this stuff. It will happen. I'm positive on that.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The more locked down the OS the more secure it is. I don't want my OS to have exploitable vulnerabilities.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

tapehead

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I feel like the harder company's try, the harder they fail. It would be pretty embarrassing for Apple if after a week of iOS 9 a jailbreak were to be achieved. Considering how this would be the first version of this major new kernel, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I feel like the harder company's try, the harder they fail. It would be pretty embarrassing for Apple if after a week of iOS 9 a jailbreak were to be achieved. Considering how this would be the first version of this major new kernel, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

the company's what? and which company? (Are you talking about a possession - something that belongs to the company?)

or do you mean "companies" - as in "more than one company"?

I can deal with typographical mistakes, but their is know excuse four lazy ignorance, due ewe here what I am saying?

scorch968

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I suppose I just don't have the time to jailbreak / flash new OS on either Android or iOS anymore. I used to enjoy this sort of thing, but now it seems such a chore to configure and reconfigure...rinse and repeat.

I switch from a Nexus 5 to the iPhone 6 Plus. The last iPhone I owned before that was a iPhone 3G. The iPhone does a few things really well that just work. The software is polished looking...not always polished functionally. The point releases in iOS 8 fixed that for the most part.

The huge drawback (and almost a deal breaker) for me was that you still cannot change the default applications. Some smaller odd issues. You can't simply download a file and use it as a ringtone. Really we still have this problem? Oh right Apple doesn't like people browsing for files. But you can browse for photos, music, files within other app walled gardens. You can sort through email, text message conversations and many other similar exercises that would be a similar effort as to saving an MP3 to a downloads folder and then being able to choose it as a ringtone. Before you say it, I'm not plugging on my iPhone to my PC/Mac to sync my ringtones like a cave man. [/rant over]

If these issues get resolved, it would be the perfect OS for me. As it stands now, I'm teetering back and forth between what may be the iPhone 6S plus and the LG G4. We'll see, FaceTime is the killer app for me, it just works and too many people in my family already have iPhone's for me to make them install hangouts. The last time I tried that between my wife and I it was consistently a horrible experience between a iPhone 5s and the Nexus 5.

tapehead

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
the company's what? and which company? (Are you talking about a possession - something that belongs to the company?)

or do you mean "companies" - as in "more than one company"?

I can deal with typographical mistakes, but their is know excuse four lazy ignorance, due ewe here what I am saying?

This is one of the most embarrassing posts I've ever seen on a forum.

A little advice: don't call out people for simple typos, particularly when your own posts are riddled with writing errors.

I've reported you for harassment.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-28 um 10.12.40.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2015-05-28 um 10.12.40.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 15