Downgrading to iOS8.4.1 - following method but am told firmware is incompatible. What could the problem be?

I

iMore Question

Downgrading to IoS8.4.1 - following method but am told firmware is incompatible

I've got as far as downloading ipsw8.4.1, putting my phone in recovery mode, clicking restore while I hold down alt, but I'm told 'the firmware is incompatible' so the restore can't go ahead. This is undoubtedlby because when I upgraded to Ios9 yesterday, it also upgraded the firmware. So I'm stuck: how can I downgrade.

Incidentatlly I HAVE to downgrade because my old MacBook has the most up to date version of iTunes IT can't take, but that version is no longer compatible with IoS9, so I can no longer sync my iPhone. That's the reason I want to downgrade. But I hit the problem outlined above.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Downgrading to IoS8.4.1 - following method but am told firmware is incompatible

When you try to restore the software, are you doing the Option-click? Do that then navigate to the folder holding the .ipsw file for 8.4.1.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Downgrading to IoS8.4.1 - following method but am told firmware is incompatible

I had to initially select an older backup, one that you know you did on ios8, then once that started it said there was a newer backup available and did I want to use that one. Click yes... Just went from ios9.0 back to 8.4.1 on my mini today, so I know it works.. This was all done via iTunes...

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73