Ios 8.4 Cellular data leak?

mariachi4

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
There are so many bugs after upgrading to 8.4, the one it bugs me a lot is the hidden cellular data usage.

After upgrading to iOS 8.4 i noticed it uses lots more cellular data than before. And my data was empty before my bill cut off date. I have turned off Apple music, location service and background refresh. I thought it was my phone, so I wiped everything from my iphone 5s, did a hard reset and a clean install (not backup from iCloud). After that, the problem still exists, called my local provider and they said its a iOS 8.4 bug.

Now, if i check in Settings > Cellular Data Usage > Current period it says 16.1MB (this is a lot since i only used whatsapp, text only, and Nike+ running app once)
When i add up everything from "Use cellular data for:" it is 15 MB (including system services). So no idea where the 1.1 MB go.

Anyone has this problem as well?

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
My vodafone account said i had used up 2gb (2048 mb) whereas iPhone tracker showing 1988mb used. So there's a difference of 60 mb but it's always been like that.
I remember my old android also said to contact my carrier for the accurate usage as phone tracker is always approximate to the real usage.
It's normal (with all phones) not an iOS 8.4 thing. Sure your carrier would have a "ussd code" to quickly check your data usage. Vodafone at my place allows to check my data usage by just dialling *111*6*2# but it's location and carrier dependent. Check with your carrier if you need accurate data usage to the last kb.
Hope it helps. 😊

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand after reviewing the support article below, the Current Period is cumulative and tied to when that metric was last reset.

So, there may not be synchronization between the data usage shown in the Current Period compared to what your mobile provider tracks at a monthly level, or what ever frequency they provide data usage details.

If there was synchronization, then I'd be in trouble with 37.5GB used when we have a shared 10GB plan :concern:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201299

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner