How can I retain the last played song on the music app?

beau green

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
last played song on music app

Hi ya! I am sure that I am not the only person facing this problem, although I might be in the minority. First off I am using an iphone 5 running ios 9 and the latest version of the music app using match but not apple music (I don't want apple music but I might change my mind if it fixes the problem). I know the music app has lacked this feature in the previous version, IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!! Is there a way to retain the last played song after the app is closed? I miss that "Now Playing" button... is it hidden deep in some menu that I can't find? The thing that is super frustrating with this version is that when I open the app the last song played pops up then quickly goes away!!! WHAT THE WORLD???
This is cross-posted from ios9 because I'm a dummy.

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: last played song on music app

No, this does not work. It's not that big of an issue to me, but I can see how it could be frustrating to some.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: last played song on music app

In the Music app, that went away in an early iOS 8 release. I thought it was a bug, but since it's still missing I can only assume that Apple decided that we don't need it. Bugs the hell out of me, too. The only way to retain the "now playing" is to not end the app, only switch away from it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73