"A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded"

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm sick of this. I have been receiving this message, along with the reloads for several months now with increasing frequency. I have an iPad 3, and only use Safari as my browser.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is the problem on my end of the Internet connection or somewhere else?

I'm careful to always keep the number of background apps loaded to a minimum, but nothing seems to help. The iMore site seems to be one of the worst offenders.

Any suggestions?

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
No. The page simply goes white, with the exception of the message at the top line, and the page then reloads from scratch. Sometimes it will fully display 95% of the page and the redraw (with message) occurs.

Could this be malware of some kind?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am not experiencing any of that on my iPhone 6 Plus nor on my iPad Mini. As for the problem possibly being malware, I don't know. Is it one particular website or multiple websites. If it the 'one' site then the problem may with on their end.

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
It occurs across a range of sites. The Verge, Gizmodo, iMore and others. Oh well, I'm thinking when iOS 9 is released, I'll back up the device and do a clean install. It certainly couldn't hurt.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It occurs across a range of sites. The Verge, Gizmodo, iMore and others. Oh well, I'm thinking when iOS 9 is released, I'll back up the device and do a clean install. It certainly couldn't hurt.

No doubt...:)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have loading issues on my iP 5 in Safari. Safari has some good features, but I haven't been impressed with the performance lately. I'll upgrade soon and hope the cause is this old phone. Many do have loading problems in Safari. Some do and some don't. I also use the Puffin browser. No issues there and iMore performs much better on Puffin. I wish we could make Puffin our default browser. Or give us a choice.

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Getting this at least ever second visit to the imore frontpage. Its the ads that causes this.. iOS 9 and ad blocking cant come fast enough

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Getting this at least ever second visit to the imore frontpage. Its the ads that causes this.. iOS 9 and ad blocking cant come fast enough

I think your right. I've noticed on Facebook and Twitter when I tap on an article or blog, it's extremely difficult to navigate and read it for all the ads. Up in your face ads. SMH!

dkloss

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
There is definately something wrong. I have an ipad 2 and an Ipad air. I recently was forced to upgrade my software on the ipad air a few weeks ago. This issue started immediately afterwards. I was then forced to upgrade the sw on my ipad 2 a few days later. The same issue started immediately afterwards as well. Performance has been terrible on both machines since.

I can barely surf the web on either, and both crash every couple minutes. This is an extremely frustrating problem and seems to be related to Apple forcing code on its customers.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
just checked, this does not happen on my gen 3 ipad,but does, badly on my iphone 4s, both running ios 9.2.. weird I'll try my iphone 4 running 7 1 2 next

Garnetosh

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm sick of this. I have been receiving this message, along with the reloads for several months now with increasing frequency. I have an iPad 3, and only use Safari as my browser.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is the problem on my end of the Internet connection or somewhere else?

I'm careful to always keep the number of background apps loaded to a minimum, but nothing seems to help. The iMore site seems to be one of the worst offenders.

Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner