Why doesn't my jailbroken iPhone 4S after factory reset load?

marcin4s

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Jailbroken iPhone 4S after factory reset doesn't load

Yesterday I attempted to factory reset my jailbroken iPhone 4S (iOS 8.3) using the option in settings. At that point, I didn't knew you shouldn't use this if you're jailbroken. After the operation, phone displayed the Apple logo and didn't want to load.

I googled the problem and decided to try recovery mode. Phone shows "connect to iTunes" screen and once I connect it, iTunes detects phone in recovery mode and asks me to choose between updating or restoring the device. No matter which one I pick, error code (-1) comes up right at the end of the process.
I tried DFU mode, same result.
I tried downloading iOS 8.4 .ipsw file and installing it using shift + restore, same result.
I have also tried exiting recovery mode with Reiboot (couldn't find a way to do this with tinyumbrella), it worked, but once I turn the phone on it displays apple logo for a while and then shuts down.

Phone is currently back in recovery mode and I have absolutely no idea what to do next, having spent last few hours googling the problem and trying solutions other people posted. Please help me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Jailbroken iPhone 4S after factory reset doesn't load

Keep trying. It will take you several attempts, but it'll take eventually.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR