Cellular data usage wrong?

jasonrn2000

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have iphone 6 under ios8.4.

My Cellular data usage is getting destroid by something, and having trouble figuring it out.

I reset the data count on day 1 of my billing cycle. It reads 431 MB in "current period" When I total all the counts fr each app and the "system services" I only get 230 MB. Where did the 200 MB go?? The 431 matches ATT data count.

Something is hungry and I can't figure it out. I do NOT stream anything over cellular.

I have MY Data Mgr app installed, basiclly telling me the same total.

Any ideas?
I am jailbroken. with only 2 tweaks. Could that be doing something?

Jason

jasonrn2000

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
That 200 mb is only in 4 days. So I have used 430 mb in 4 days. No streaming movies or audio.
I was thinking of downloading dataman but the pro version is 6$.

I don't know why the iOS app data tracking doesn't add up to the total amount. One would think it would.

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Check: System Services > iTunes Accounts and others. I said iTunes accounts because it used the most of my data until about 3 months ago. The problem disappeared automatically (may be some update fixed it).

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That 200 mb is only in 4 days. So I have used 430 mb in 4 days. No streaming movies or audio.
I was thinking of downloading dataman but the pro version is 6$.

I don't know why the iOS app data tracking doesn't add up to the total amount. One would think it would.

That's like trying to add up what's using storage space. There's things that don't show anywhere. If you use Facebook, it uses a lot. You can turn off Auto Video Play. That feature uses a lot. iMessage uses a lot if there's photos and videos. Mail uses data. Push Notifications uses data. Background activities uses data. Location uses data. Notification Center uses data. Do you not have wifi? How much data do you get with your plan?

jasonrn2000

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I would think that much data would show somewhere. Yesterday there was a huge spike at 3pm. I was using Facebook for all of two minutes and google maps while driving. Facebook only lists 29 mb for usage. Google maps is only 10. For the 4 days.

This is a recent issue since I upgraded to 8.4 and jail broke.

My wife uses fb waaaaauyyyyy. More than me, and her data use is 90% less than me.

Frustrating trying to figure this out.

I may restore to stock and set up as a new phone to see if that helps.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I would think that much data would show somewhere. Yesterday there was a huge spike at 3pm. I was using Facebook for all of two minutes and google maps while driving. Facebook only lists 29 mb for usage. Google maps is only 10. For the 4 days.

This is a recent issue since I upgraded to 8.4 and jail broke.

My wife uses fb waaaaauyyyyy. More than me, and her data use is 90% less than me.

Frustrating trying to figure this out.

I may restore to stock and set up as a new phone to see if that helps.

Spikes are not what they seem. It can be a cumulative of data from a 6 hour period. I've run into that before. It showed 400 mb at 2:00 pm. It turned out to be when I went outside to check my LTE data speeds on Speedtest.net app. at 5:00 pm. That uses a lot of data.

mariachi4

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
You are not the only one, I have the same problem.
After upgrading to iOS 8.4 i noticed it uses lots more cellular data than before. And my data was empty before my bill cut off date. I have turned off Apple music, location service and background refresh. I thought it was my phone, so I wiped everything from my iphone 5s, did a hard reset and a clean install (not backup from iCloud). After that, the problem still exists, called my local provider and they said its a iOS 8.4 bug.

Now, if i check in Settings > Cellular Data Usage > Current period it says 16.1MB (this is a lot since i only used whatsapp, text only, and Nike+ running app once)
When i add up everything from "Use cellular data for:" it is 15 MB (including system services). So no idea where the 1.1 MB go.

Bobby Banker

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
You are not the only one, I have the same problem.
After upgrading to iOS 8.4 i noticed it uses lots more cellular data than before. And my data was empty before my bill cut off date. I have turned off Apple music, location service and background refresh. I thought it was my phone, so I wiped everything from my iphone 5s, did a hard reset and a clean install (not backup from iCloud). After that, the problem still exists, called my local provider and they said its a iOS 8.4 bug.

Now, if i check in Settings > Cellular Data Usage > Current period it says 16.1MB (this is a lot since i only used whatsapp, text only, and Nike+ running app once)
When i add up everything from "Use cellular data for:" it is 15 MB (including system services). So no idea where the 1.1 MB go.

THIS. i have pretty much the same issue...

andi7654

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
This was happening to me and I just figured it out: iCloud Drive backup was using cellular data, and this data usage was not itemized anywhere in the apps list or System Services. My phone used 100 MB in one day, and when I added up the individual pieces, it only added up to 10MB.

If you're having this problem, here's how you change it:
Settings >> iCloud >> iCloud Drive >> Turn "Use Cellular Data" off!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711