Since upgrading to iOS 8.4, why do I have so much memory used in other?

I

iMore Question

IOS 8.4 and Itunes sync

Since upgrading my iPhone to IOS 8.4 I now have 12.77 GB of sync memory used in "other ' Previously only 985MB Audio now limited 8.2 GB , photos 1.27Gb , apps 2.81 GB , Documents 1.02Gb but Other a huge 12.77 GB on my 32 Gb iPhone Can anyone tell me where to find or what is in this 12.77GB "other" Paul

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: IOS 8.4 and Itunes sync

I think the question, which is one I have too, is why is it so freaking HUGE with 8.4 compared to prior versions? 5+ GB is ginormous, and it cannot be attributed to just cached data for apps.

I have an iPhone 6 (64BG) and an iPad 2 (16GB). In the brief amount of time I had 8.4 on the iPad, it had an "Other" category of 5+ GB, which was there when ANY data was on the device regardless of real data being 8GB or 1GB. When I reverted it back to 8.3, that "Other" shrank down to a manageable ~1GB. The iPad has about 9GB of apps and data on it, the iPhone has about 35GB of apps and data. A different mix of apps, a different mix of data as the two devices are used for different things.

The iPhone also has 5+GB of "Other" on it which is annoying, but not a break point like it is on my iPad's more limited storage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal