- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Family Sharing and Apple IDs
So I am going to setup family sharing mainly so I can get the family edition of Apple Music but have a quick question. In the past I would give each family my apple id/password for iTunes and App purchases via Settings > iTunes & App Store.
Do I leave this alone as is or do I change that on each family members phone to point to their apple id. If I do this they should still be able to access apps and music that was purchased under my id correct?
Thanks for clearing things up. Apple's FAQ isn't very clear on this.
- 07-04-2015, 08:21 AM #2iMore Genius
- 20,845 Posts
Re: Family Sharing and Apple IDs
On each individual device, the user will use their individual AppleID in the AppStore and iTunes... And each person will be able to switch between lists of purchases made under the othe AppleIDs under the 'Purchased' section of the store apps.
iCloud - Family Sharing - Apple Support
- By Wotcher! in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 07-24-2015, 05:43 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple MusicReplies: 2Last Post: 07-04-2015, 11:07 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-04-2015, 08:12 AM
- By MyHiYou55 in forum iPadReplies: 2Last Post: 07-04-2015, 07:44 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-04-2015, 06:51 AM