No Clear Cache For Apps

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Why is their no clear cache for apps on the iPhone? It annoys me so much. Sometimes there will be so much documents and data that the app will start having issues. A good example of this is twitter. It will start becoming inoperable and slow. But because ios doesn't have a clear cache option I have to uninstall and reinstall the app every time it starts doing this. To say it's annoying is an understatement. Especially for people like me who already have a very limited amount of data

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had an iPhone since the first one in 2007 and I can honestly say I have never had the issues you are experiencing, and I have some apps with a tonne of data in them.

If you are talking about 'Other' taking up too much space on your device, there are many reason for that occurring.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Certainly a problem related with your Twitter app or with your iOS. Otherwise, iOS deal very well with cash files. The way apps work day first, the same way the work months of using it later.
You said you are on a limited data? If you mean the iPhone storage to be almost full, then your problem is normal, you should have minimum of 500mb of free space on your internal storage for some heavy, non native apps to run smoothly as they need space to run.
Instead of deleting and reinstalling the Twitter app every so often, I would simply sync my pics and videos to my computer, delete those apps I do not really use and stick with the strict minimum, and I would upload my documents to the cloud instead of having them into the device.
Also you can go to settings/ general/ usage/ manage storage usage/ to see what other apps are using more storage on your iPhone and sort it out to free some space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Why is their no clear cache for apps on the iPhone? It annoys me so much. Sometimes there will be so much documents and data that the app will start having issues. A good example of this is twitter. It will start becoming inoperable and slow. But because ios doesn't have a clear cache option I have to uninstall and reinstall the app every time it starts doing this. To say it's annoying is an understatement. Especially for people like me who already have a very limited amount of data

Some apps have a "delete cache" option . Most don't. You can download Battery Doctor and use that or delete an app if it grows too big for you. Then reinstall it. That gets the cache out. Battery Doctor works well.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I have 93gb of storage space so it is not the fact that I have limited storage space on my phone. Through my constant use of it (I work on twitter) it constantly goes over 1gb of space on my phone which leaves me with no choice but to uninstall and reinstall. I will definitely try some of these suggestions and see if they help at all

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have 93gb of storage space so it is not the fact that I have limited storage space on my phone. Through my constant use of it (I work on twitter) it constantly goes over 1gb of space on my phone which leaves me with no choice but to uninstall and reinstall. I will definitely try some of these suggestions and see if they help at all

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Battery Doctor does work to clear Twitter cache. Done it, been there. Also Tweetbot cache.