8.4 Cannot find App Store password settings, where is this setting located now?

madoc5444

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
8.4 Cannot find App Store Password Settings

On 8.3, the setting was located under iTunes & App Store or under Restrictions per here: HT204030

That setting is no longer available and I cannot find it. Does anyone know where this setting is located now? I am concerned that Apple's official page isn't updated.

Thanks!

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: 8.4 Cannot find App Store Password Settings

Yes. I did not see it in restrictions as described.

If you have Touch ID enabled, then you won't see the password "options".

The page you referenced states this. "If you have Touch ID turned on for iTunes Store and App Store purchases on your iOS device, you don't need to set your password preferences. "

madoc5444

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Does that mean it always requires a password? What about the option for enabling or disabling password or touch id requirements for free apps?

Chris2321

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

First you disable Touch ID then go to restrictions by going to general settings scroll down then you will see password settings from there you can disable it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Does that mean it always requires a password? What about the option for enabling or disabling password or touch id requirements for free apps?

As long as you have TouchID enabled, your fingerprint will be sufficient. The iTunes & App Store will request your passcode periodically.

madoc5444

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Interesting. So you have to disable Touch ID for purchases to change the settings? Can you reenable it afterwards? By default , does it always ask for a passcode or Touch ID?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

After 8.4 you will be asked if you want to save your PW for free purchases when you get a free app. You will be required to enter your TouchID creds for purchases and when you restart the device.

madoc5444

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

Thanks. Agreed! The only place to change that setting is in restrictions where you have to disable TouchID to change it?

asoora

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
hmm.i have it because i have to write the password but you do not need to write the password so that is why you do not have it.

andy957

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the following related issue. Updated my iPad Mini Retina to iOS 8.4 and I have an iCloud account that I use for my Apple ID. Prior to 8.4, I was only prompted for my password every few weeks (irregular patterns for some reason) but every time I turn on my iPad MIni I'm prompted for my iCloud pwd even before I tap on anything. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to save my password so I don't continually get prompted. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the following related issue. Updated my iPad Mini Retina to iOS 8.4 and I have an iCloud account that I use for my Apple ID. Prior to 8.4, I was only prompted for my password every few weeks (irregular patterns for some reason) but every time I turn on my iPad MIni I'm prompted for my iCloud pwd even before I tap on anything. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to save my password so I don't continually get prompted. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

On your iPad Mini, logout of iCloud as well as the iTunes & App store, if the Apple ID and passcode are the same. Afterwards, log back in.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW