Family sharing still doesn't work

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So I tried to give the family sharing a shot again
Changed my kids DOB To the 2001 year so it gives the option to ask to buy

All went well .. Each on own Apple ID Etc add the whole family

Only issue is my kids devices don't ask to buy it still asking for their Apple ID to buy

Tried signing out of iCloud and ITunes and signing in after reboots etc.

So back to sharing my ID for purchases ..

Almost a whole iOS version later and still does not work as simple as it should.
So frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
My kids have to put in their password in order for me to get the purchase request. Once I approve they get an alert and have to put it in again to get the app.

Are you sure it's not working or are you just not following through when they are asked for their password? We've been using it since day one and have never had an issue. Works as intended.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My kids have to put in their password in order for me to get the purchase request. Once I approve they get an alert and have to put it in again to get the app.

Are you sure it's not working or are you just not following through when they are asked for their password? We've been using it since day one and have never had an issue. Works as intended.

Interesting I was under the impression they didn't have to put in a password at all .. Is that typically how it works ?
I wonder if I create one of the new kid Apple ID if it's different ..
My kids are on the younger side password might snag them up before they even get to ask for the purchase

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
That's how it has worked for us since I set it up. I made my kids passwords fairly simple since I get notified anyway I'm not too worried about it being to easy to figure out. They caught on pretty quick.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
That's how it has worked for us since I set it up. I made my kids passwords fairly simple since I get notified anyway I'm not too worried about it being to easy to figure out. They caught on pretty quick.

Ya maybe I'll give it another try sometime but only other issue is since we have all shared for so long if the current apps they use need updated it requires my password because those are tied to my account ... Wouldn't be a big deal to erase and redownload but some are paid so not sure how that works really since my apps from my ID are shared anyways

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Almost all developers have opted in to family sharing. I, personally, haven't found any that aren't. What happens with family sharing is that each person shares their purchases. There is a Purchased section in the App Store where you can view and download purchases by other family members for no charge and without knowing the other family member's password. You can also opt out of sharing your purchases completely or hide individual purchases from the family sharing (like a more adult app you don't want your kids to be able to download). So if your family members deleted their apps and re downloaded from your Purchased list they would no longer need to know your password for app updates.

You both were right it was working i just didnt know that on a kids device they still had to put in the apple id password first to request it.

I set it up again and remembered the issue i had with itunes match and music ..

so think i will stick with my sharing my apple id method lol
too much mess to just have a ask to buy . that should be a option on the device in restrictions

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73