iOS 8.4.1 Now available - discuss issues, etc here

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: iOS 8.4 Now available - discuss issues, etc here

Is anyone else experiencing this problem with Apple Radio? On any station I choose I get the error "Cannot Open This media format is not supported" and it will cycle through the stations songs. Eventually it will come across one it can play, then goes back to cycling after it is done.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

Since you got your 6+ do you find yourself using your Mini less? Just interested in knowing. Debating on getting an Air 2 or a Mini.

I know this question wasn't addressed to me, but I feel I can provide some input :)

When I got my 4.7" iPhone 6, I cut my usage of my Mini 2 by about half. I then upgraded to an Air 2 about a week after launch, and I'm glad I did. The Air 2 has a much larger screen and I use my it a lot more than I used my Mini, because it provides a big enough difference to be better at some things than my iPhone.

With a 6+, I doubt I would even use a Mini, seeing as the difference in screen size isn't a whole lot.

Another thing to take into consideration is the fact that the Air 2 has much better processor and 2 GB of RAM. The performance alone is a big enough reason to choose it over the Mini IMO :)

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

I know this question wasn't addressed to me, but I feel I can provide some input :)

When I got my 4.7" iPhone 6, I cut my usage of my Mini 2 by about half. I then upgraded to an Air 2 about a week after launch, and I'm glad I did. The Air 2 has a much larger screen and I use my it a lot more than I used my Mini, because it provides a big enough difference to be better at some things than my iPhone.

With a 6+, I doubt I would even use a Mini, seeing as the difference in screen size isn't a whole lot.

Another thing to take into consideration is the fact that the Air 2 has much better processor and 2 GB of RAM. The performance alone is a big enough reason to choose it over the Mini IMO :)

Thanks. I was thinking the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

My screen on my six plus has become completely unresponsive. Wtf

Posted via the iMore App for Android

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

Screen just started working again. That was weird. Battery is also stuck at 100%

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Trocien

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site

Has anyone found a "Shuffle All Music" button? I cannot believe this was missed. The only way I found how to do it is to change the list to "Songs", start playing a song, then click on the shuffle icon. I feel this is very silly to get the same result as all of the competitor options have a dedicated "Shuffle all songs" type of button that is very prominent, usually at the top of the stack.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
iOS 8.4 Now available - discuss issues, etc here

Has anyone found a "Shuffle All Music" button? I cannot believe this was missed. The only way I found how to do it is to change the list to "Songs", start playing a song, then click on the shuffle icon. I feel this is very silly to get the same result as all of the competitor options have a dedicated "Shuffle all songs" type of button that is very prominent, usually at the top of the stack.

If I remember correctly it was removed but is at the top of playlist still

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) using Tapatalk

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Installed on all my devices. So far so good. No issues to report.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

I miss the shuffle all too.

The only workaround I have found is to tell Siri to shuffle all songs.

Brought to you via Tapatalk.

dBMan

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone had issues with Siri & dictation not working after 8.4? Siri says she lost the Internet connection and dictation just won't work. I know the internet connection is good because everything else works. Tried disabling & re-enebling Siri and dictation. Powered off/on. Even in and out of Airplane mode.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Is anyone else experiencing this problem with Apple Radio? On any station I choose I get the error "Cannot Open This media format is not supported" and it will cycle through the stations songs. Eventually it will come across one it can play, then goes back to cycling after it is done.

I've seen that a couple times. The pop up shows briefly then everything's ok. I have no clue what that's about. Odd!

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

Could any of you please tell me how to add stars to a track in the new music app?
And please look at the attached picture and tell me what is the 'heart' icon beside playback controls and what it does if i select or deselect it. Thank you.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1435772791.177101.jpg

Pale Wraith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site

Could any of you please tell me how to add stars to a track in the new music app?
And please look at the attached picture and tell me what is the 'heart' icon beside playback controls and what it does if i select or deselect it. Thank you.
View attachment 84325

If the heart works like it does in other services it basically means you want that song played more often.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

Gee thanks!!!!

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Since you got your 6+ do you find yourself using your Mini less? Just interested in knowing. Debating on getting an Air 2 or a Mini.

I actually use my Mini all the time. I use it for my training outlines, music, Tapatalk, surfing the net, reading books, watching Netflix, playing games and even texting when my phone isn't close by. It's a great bridge for when I don't want to use my MacBook or iPhone. Plus I travel a lot and have a bunch of movies on it for the plane ride. I can't see myself ever going without it. IMHO...you can't go wrong with the Air or Mini

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone had issues with Siri & dictation not working after 8.4? Siri says she lost the Internet connection and dictation just won't work. I know the internet connection is good because everything else works. Tried disabling & re-enebling Siri and dictation. Powered off/on. Even in and out of Airplane mode.

Siri and I aren't on speaking terms right now so I don't use her but my dictation works perfectly. I'm currently using dictation to type this response

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Siri and I aren't on speaking terms right now so I don't use her but my dictation works perfectly. I'm currently using dictation to type this response

Siri and I have bouts as well. I prefer addressing Wolfram. :D
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435777618.387158.jpg

usedberry

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

If the heart works like it does in other services it basically means you want that song played more often.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Sorry but what other services? 'Played more often' means? How can it be played when I'm listening playlists in which the song is not? May be you meant if all songs are played but i never do that...others may be. 😊
Thanks for your reply!