Hi guys! I'm Adi from Malaysia. I want to ask about the Instant Hotspot for iOS 8.

I

iMore Question

I know that we can use an iPhone have have Macs, iPads and iPod Touches to share connection without password input. But can another iphone share that instant hotspot say that the second iPhone is use primarily just for an iPod. I hope you guys can answer this question. Thanks

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I know that we can use an iPhone have have Macs, iPads and iPod Touches to share connection without password input. But can another iphone share that instant hotspot say that the second iPhone is use primarily just for an iPod. I hope you guys can answer this question. Thanks

It should totally be possible. On the 2nd iPhone, just turn on airplane mode and then turn on wifi and connect to the hotspot served up by the first iPhone.

Last edited:

edhidayat

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
It should totally be possible. On the 2nd iPhone, just turn on airplane mode and then turn on wifi and connect to the hotspot served up by the first iPhone.

Hi Guys!

After much experimenting. I found out that my old iphone 5 can connect the hotspot from my new iPhone 6+. But to do the automatic connection of Personal Hotspot (like my iPad and Macbook Air do with my iPhone 6+) is not successful.

Most probably Personal Hotspot only works for 1 iphone (with iOS 8 and above) to all iOS or Mac devices except another iPhone eventhough I put it in the airplane mode.

Correct me if I am wrong yeah.