Is there a work around for allowing text messages when DND is on?

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I am on call at work and I need some text messages to come through when Do Not Disturb is on. Is there an app that will allow this or some work around that someone has thought of that can help?

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I have them in my favorites but it only allows the call to come through not the text message. I really need to hear the text coming in. Maybe the next version will allow this function. Seems to be simple but I think it has to come from Apple and not any 3rd party apps.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have them in my favorites but it only allows the call to come through not the text message. I really need to hear the text coming in. Maybe the next version will allow this function. Seems to be simple but I think it has to come from Apple and not any 3rd party apps.
This is one request I have when it comes to iOS 9. Not only let favorites' phone calls come through, but also their messages.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to use DND. you can silence many notifications that are unnecessary, like Facebook, Twitter and so forth. If you have late night callers you want to silence, Block them. This is the best solution if you need the texts.

Ertank

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I believe messages are less important when DND is on. If ever apple introduce this functionality, I would like it to be an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73