Stock email app

Ertank

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
In short I wonder if there is a way to make auto mail check just once a day.

I am not using my emails frequently. Hourly email check is kind of battery depleting for my iPhone 5. And, not necessary in my case.

Currently, I set it for manual check. However, that makes me forget to check my email daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Set to fetch manually. You'll only get mail when you launch the mail app. You can do that once a day. If you need a reminder, use either the Reminders app or the alarm in the clock app.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Set it to manual. I've got an ancient AOL account that I've set up like that.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Will6371

May 14, 2015
Visit site
In short I wonder if there is a way to make auto mail check just once a day.

I am not using my emails frequently. Hourly email check is kind of battery depleting for my iPhone 5. And, not necessary in my case.

Currently, I set it for manual check. However, that makes me forget to check my email daily.

Try setting it to push, you may well be surprised by how little battery it uses if your not getting much mail.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Additional email check frequency. Like 4 hours, 8 hours and 24 hours (or once a day)

Which email service do you use? Some use push and others not. Gmail does not. But As little mail you get, if you use push, it's not going to use that much battery. Or fetch once an hour. There's other things that drain your battery more.

Ertank

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I have Gmail and Hotmail. These two. I hear Gmail is not using push. Don't know about Hotmail. Hotmail is even less than normal I get emails from.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have Gmail and Hotmail. These two. I hear Gmail is not using push. Don't know about Hotmail. Hotmail is even less than normal I get emails from.

You can either set fetch manually and use a reminder, or set it to fetch once an hour. Your battery will not suffer.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Look it's obvious that email is of so little importance to you that you can't remember to check it every now and then with the stock App, one might try the Gmail, or Outlook Apps themselves. Lets not create problems where they don't exist ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2