- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
Impossible in IOS8? Displaying a portrait app on a TV which is also in portrait
First post, I have asked many developers and this has had them stumped!
I have a portrait designed app designed in swift. When connecting via lightning to hdmi to my TV I want to be able to rotate my TV 90 degrees clockwise and have my app portrait app mirror on the TV like my TV is a big iPhone.
Is this possible? There used to be an app called TVOut for ios6 that allowed you to output any app or homescreen 90 degrees counter clockwise so your TV would act like a big iPhone when you rotated your TV clockwise by 90 degrees.
- 05-25-2015, 11:07 AM #3iMore Expert
- 780 Posts
Re: Impossible in IOS8? Displaying a portrait app on a TV which is also in portrait
It seems to me that this is not a problem on the phone end of things but rather on the display end. TVs are designed for landscape layouts, not portrait. You would need a TV that supports rotating the display. Or, throw the display to a computer instead, as computers (Windows anyway, I presume Mac as well) support rotating the monitor displays, and use a large monitor (can be a TV with the correct connections) rotated to what you want.
- 10-05-2015, 12:49 AM #4
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 11Last Post: 12-30-2015, 09:49 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and SocialReplies: 1Last Post: 05-24-2015, 01:43 PM
- By iJuan in forum MacBook ProReplies: 4Last Post: 05-24-2015, 12:38 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-24-2015, 12:34 PM