What is SPARKLE? It's draining my battery.

dahauss

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Im on IOS 8.4 public beta 2 and ever since I install that, My battery life on my iphone 6 has been horrible. I take it off the charger at 8AM and by 4:30PM its down to 10% ... I ran a program called NORMAL to see what is a battery HOG and it says something called SPARKLE is draining the battery. Does anyone know what this is?

Thanks....

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: SPARKLE?

There's no need for the app you mention... Settings>> Usage>> Battery Usage will list apps and the power used.

There is a game called Sparkle...

dahauss

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

SPARKLE ISNT a GAME. I know what you speak of and I do not have that game on my system. I am not sure what it is and there is no way to quit it as it appers to be a background process. the regular usage app in ios8 doesnt show this app at all.

My battery is dropping so fast that take it offf the charger 8AM, by 5PM down to 10%. Im in wifi and home and wifi in the office..

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

There is also an effects generator for photography called Sparkle...could be that.

It's also a frame work used by developers called Sparkle, but it deals with OS X, not iOS.

Did you by chance jailbreak your device?

The solution is really simple if you can't identify what app is causing the battery drain. Restore the device and make sure the firmware is up to date.

Last edited:

dahauss

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

There is also an effects generator for photography called Sparkle...could be that.

It's also a frame work used by developers called Sparkle, but it deals with OS X, not iOS.

Did you by chance jailbreak your device?

The solution is really simple if you can't identify what app is causing the battery drain. Restore the device and make sure the firmware is up to date.

I'm on 8.4 public beta 2. Could that be why is there? My iPad is on 8.3 and sparkle isn't there. I don't want to restore if I don't have to.

I'm just having horrible battery drain on 8.4

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Could be, since it's a developer framework...now that I know you're dabbling in the public betas though, all I can say is either:

A.) Stop using a public beta and restore with the normal consumer firmware.
B.) Deal with it.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

Or wait a few days for indexes to finish. Then make a judgement call if it really is a battery inefficient beta.

dahauss

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Last night my iPhone 6 was draining battery so bad and it was showing sparkle running all the time that I decided to try something I had done once before when I upgraded to the beta 8.4 ....... RESET NETWORK SETTINGS. I then re-connected to the wireless at home and today at work. Guess what? It looks like that fixed the battery draining issue.... I will see today but its already been off the charger for an hour and its still at 100% where before I would have been down to 95% already... Also when I run Normal, it no longer shows SPARKLE running or even in the inactive list. I still wish I knew what SPARKLE was but I think it is fixed (will be keeping an eye on the battery drain today)....

dahauss

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

Or wait a few days for indexes to finish. Then make a judgement call if it really is a battery inefficient beta.

The beta has been one my iPhone 6 since Public beta 1 and then beta 2 came out. Beta 1 didn't have issues.. Beta 2 did.... But read my above post .. I think RESETTING the NETWORK settings may have solved the battery drain... Still dont know what SPARKLE IS .... But its no longer showing in NORMAL as active or inactive ... :)

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm on 8.4 public beta 2. Could that be why is there? My iPad is on 8.3 and sparkle isn't there. I don't want to restore if I don't have to.

I'm just having horrible battery drain on 8.4

I'm running that beta on my iPad mini and I have no battery issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711