- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
Reset 5s on 8.3
Can someone please tell me how to do a hard reset please. I know A little about the reset process, but do not want to mess my phone up. Also, I know I might have to re-download iOS 8 .3 into iTunes, but is there anyway to get around that because my wifi and data are VERY slow. It normally takes around 12 hours for any iOS update to download iTunes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Windows iTunes 12.1
- 05-08-2015, 04:21 PM #2
- 05-08-2015, 05:21 PM #4
- 05-08-2015, 05:23 PM #5
Re: Reset 5s on 8.3
You can simply go to Settings - General - Reset and then select "Erase All Contents and Settings". Do this will remove EVERYTHING that was not installed natively and will cause your iPhone to reboot to the Welcome screen like it did when you turned it on for the very first time.
- 05-08-2015, 06:52 PM #6
Reset 5s on 8.3
What reset? A hard reset? Reset All Settings? Reset Network Settings? Restore phone as new?
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.
Reset All Settings:
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings
Reset Network Settings:
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.
Restore as new:
Do as Just_Me_D said.
Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 9Last Post: 05-09-2015, 03:46 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 05-08-2015, 02:45 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-08-2015, 01:12 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-08-2015, 11:53 AM
- By phfox1868 in forum Apple WatchReplies: 1Last Post: 05-08-2015, 11:30 AM