iOS 8.3 battery issues and crashing/freezing

dylan323i

May 7, 2015
Visit site
OK I recently switched back to an iPhone. (A week ago or so) and since getting the phone I have had a few issues. So for one safari will often hang and crash, when it hangs so do all other apps (I am wondering if this is a common occurrence). In addition to that prior to disabling stocks in the pull down menu (under the today tab) stocks had used 64% of my battery even though I had already disabled stocks from using data in general settings. Before turning it off in the today menu it made it to where my battery only had 4 hours of use an 15 hours of standby time before it was at 34%. In addition I also notice even after disabling stocks I am still losing a lot of battery for a little use. For instance from the time I started writing this thread I have lost 9% are these normal things?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't heard anyone else with issues like that. Many things can affect battery life. There are things you can do to help your battery last longer. This article is one of the best for suggestions on saving battery life. It's for iOS 7, but is still relevant except for the Watch addition. Be sure to read it all. There's a few listed at the end.
http://osxdaily.com/2013/09/19/ios-7-battery-life-fix/

If you think your battery may have issues, you can test it with this test used by Genius Bar techs.
Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.
If you still have issues, you may want to take it to an Apple Store and let them look at it. Everything has lemons. Even iPhones!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Freezing issues can be caused by 3rd party keyboards. Otherwise it's a bug that may go away in next update. But try a hard reset if you haven't done so.
Hold the top power/sleep button and the home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you gone through each and every phone and app settings? Specifically, the apps that have access to cellular data, background refresh and location services?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro