Anyone else still having safari issues on 8.3?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So while I do think 8.3 has made things overal more smooth and stable, I'm still having some frustrating safari issues. First of all, safari keeps crashing on me. It's not every site, but still I don't know why this is a issue still. Also, when listening to audio and loading webpages, the audio will skip and glitch a bit until it's done loading. This is a bit pick I know, but still odd.

Anyone else having browser issues? I think this extends even to chrome

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
No Safari crashes for me since updating to 8.3. Don't use Chrome, so not able to help there. As for the audio skip/glitch, there could be several reasons outside of the iPhone's control for why that's happening. Is the audio glitch also accompanied by the Safari crashes?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
No Safari crashes for me since updating to 8.3. Don't use Chrome, so not able to help there. As for the audio skip/glitch, there could be several reasons outside of the iPhone's control for why that's happening. Is the audio glitch also accompanied by the Safari crashes?

No, it's when sites are loading or sometimes when I'm scrolling and images or other things load in.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Those symptoms could be due to mobile or WiFi network connectivity latency, web server infrastructure, web site code...many other factors beyond your or the iPhone's control. It sounds like some of the sites may not be responsively designed for mobile first, thus longer load times for content. Just speculation on my part, though, and stuff that you've mentioned could happen on a different mobile OS.

I wouldn't worry about it unless the problems are happening for all sites you visit. The internet/web is an imperfect and complex environment. Lots of stuff has to come together to make a website function well.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Those symptoms could be due to mobile or WiFi network connectivity latency, web server infrastructure, web site code...many other factors beyond your or the iPhone's control. It sounds like some of the sites may not be responsively designed for mobile first, thus longer load times for content. Just speculation on my part, though, and stuff that you've mentioned could happen on a different mobile OS.

I wouldn't worry about it unless the problems are happening for all sites you visit. The internet/web is an imperfect and complex environment. Lots of stuff has to come together to make a website function well.

Well, for a example of what happened today: I was looking at certified used cars on the respective makers websites. The Dodge site was crashing and so was the KIA site.

goku_vegeta

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, for a example of what happened today: I was looking at certified used cars on the respective makers websites. The Dodge site was crashing and so was the KIA site.

I'll post back when I've checked out these websites, sounds like something interesting to look into.

So I've checked it out, browsed a few vehicles, and Safari didn't crash. Is there a specific URL you can give us that you know for sure crashes the browser for you?

Last edited:

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'll post back when I've checked out these websites, sounds like something interesting to look into.

So I've checked it out, browsed a few vehicles, and Safari didn't crash. Is there a specific URL you can give us that you know for sure crashes the browser for you?

Thurrott.com does a lot. But I tweeted him and he said it was a known issue. Other than that and the car sites I'm unsure. Again, it's sorta just random mostly

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Recommend turning on Automatically Send and Share with App Developers options in Privacy/Diagnostics & Usage/

This way Apple (for Safari crashes in this case) will know that Safari is crashing in iOS 8.3. Similarly App Developers can benefit from crash dump diagnostics data.

Safari has been more stable (no problems so far for me) on iOS 8.3. That was not the case on iOS 8.2.x and earlier.

The capability to send crash data for iOS and OS X to Apple is one of my favorite features. Not that I enjoy seeing and experiencing app crashes or OS instability, but knowing that Apple and App Developers will most likely act upon the data (if they can), and provide an update to fix the problem(s) in the relatively near future.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Recommend turning on Automatically Send and Share with App Developers options in Privacy/Diagnostics & Usage/

This way Apple (for Safari crashes in this case) will know that Safari is crashing in iOS 8.3. Similarly App Developers can benefit from crash dump diagnostics data.

Safari has been more stable (no problems so far for me) on iOS 8.3. That was not the case on iOS 8.2.x and earlier.

The capability to send crash data for iOS and OS X to Apple is one of my favorite features. Not that I enjoy seeing and experiencing app crashes or OS instability, but knowing that Apple and App Developers will most likely act upon the data (if they can), and provide an update to fix the problem(s) in the relatively near future.

Yeah, I'll consider doing it. And it's not that it's just this particular device. Because the 6 plus I had before the replacement had the same issues.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I still have the occasional issue where when I tap "open in Safari" from a Web Page here, it shows the URL in the search bar but the page doesn't open. It still shows my favorites. I tap on the search bar, then tap "Go" in the bottom right and the page opens.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
If the music you're listening to is skipping, then it's a network issue. Music ON the device would probably not have a skipping while Safari loads issue. I don't have any problems like this, so I wouldn't know for sure.

cwomack09

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone else still having safari issues on 8.3 on mini iPad?

I only have issues with 8.3 when using my mini iPad. My husband has a full size iPad ... no problem. I have an iPhone ... no problem but I am constantly rebooting my mini iPad and still with no results. Why does it have to keep reloading when trying to access a web page. Anyone else with this problem

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh