Siri and Dictation stop working with iOs 8.3?

MikeElmendorf

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I noticed yesterday that Siri was not working on my iPhone 6. I restarted the phone and it was fine. Again, later, the same issue--although I realized that what was happening was that the phone was not picking up my voice. Dictation also was not working. Another restart fixed it, and so far, so good.

This is a new issue since upgrading to iOs 8.3. Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried Dictation, but ever since iOS 8.2, "Hey Siri" fails if there is any little bit of background noise. Really annoying because the one place I really use that function is when driving, and I now have to slow down so much to get "Hey Siri" to work, I may as well just pull over and and use manual input.

Updating to 8.3 did not resolve.

Ben Chambers

May 16, 2015
Visit site
For me, a simple reset, or restore did not resolve the issue. The issue is the mic that is connected to the front facing camera assembly (all one flex ribon assembly). Prior, while recording a video on the front facing camera only, a buzzing noise would replace my voice. After replacing the front camera/proximity/mic assembly on both my iPhone 5 and 5C, Siri came back to life!!; also the speakerphone mic and any other app that utilized the front facing located by the ear speaker is now working! Hope this helps!

Brandon Combs

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
ive not had siri for over a year and i never record video with the front camera but after reading this post i tested and i am having the same buzzing sound with front cam videos.. ordering the mic/cam/prox assembly now.. hope this fixes my siri issue.. so you know your post has hopfully helped at least 1 person here.. THANKS!

caro1945

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
I just am having this problem today ... now my sound is wacky ... static only!!! I will restart .. not quite sure what you mean 'restart'. but I will do what I think you mean.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods