Just wondering does iOS reserve battery for some purposes? I mean I just had battery warning of 10% and after that the phone shut down. When I tried to turn it on, it only showed low battery icon. Then I plugged it in charger and as it turned on, it showed 10% battery. So it got me wondering does the "find my phone" function reserve battery?
- 04-12-2015, 08:03 AM #2
Re: Battery reservation?
Lithium ion batteries shouldn't ever be allowed to fully discharge... Consequently, iPhones are programmed to shut down before that happens... The 'Find' does not use any special battery reserve I'm aware of...
- 04-12-2015, 08:35 AM #3
The % in the status bar and the warnings are not perfect. They can be off a bit. Calibrating the % can help. From close to 1%, charge it all the way up to 100% without using the phone along the way. After it gets to 100%, let it continue to charge another 30 minutes. This may help what it shows to be more accurate. But storing battery power in a reserve? No, it doesn't do that.
Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
- By razza1987 in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 10Last Post: 07-02-2015, 06:17 PM
- By iEd in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 56Last Post: 06-19-2015, 03:06 PM
- By Mahmood Al-Khalil in forum iPhone 6Replies: 13Last Post: 05-11-2015, 03:53 AM
- By ljack1127 in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 2Last Post: 04-10-2015, 09:07 PM
- By dpham00 in forum Apple WatchReplies: 1Last Post: 04-10-2015, 08:51 AM