iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
The one thing that annoys me about the iPhone battery is from 100-50% I get about five hours but from 50-0% I get about three hours. I wish it was more consistent

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Quote "The one thing that annoys me about the iPhone battery is from 100-50% I get about five hours but from 50-0% I get about three hours. I wish it was more consistent"

Same thing for your fuel tank ;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Quote "The one thing that annoys me about the iPhone battery is from 100-50% I get about five hours but from 50-0% I get about three hours. I wish it was more consistent"

Same thing for your fuel tank ;)
Exactly. When you get to 100%, it'll go longer. Then it seems to come down slow to 50%. Just like a fuel rank. 20% to 0 goes really fast.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
When I had my Samsung phones I never remember that being the case. The amount of time that my phone lasted was the same from 100-50% as it was from 50-0%. Sometimes even longer from 50-0%. This has been my only gripe between having an iPhone instead of an android phone. My very first day of having an iPhone my best friend told me to be careful because once the battery reached 20% my phone would soon be dead. I was like holy s***. I couldn't believe how fast the battery drained from 20-0. Other than this I prefer the iPhone more

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Updated my 6 plus and 6, My Air 2, the wifes iPad 3, and 5s, the kids 5c's and iPad 2s and an iPad mini...

Everything smooth as silk and running great!!! I didnt have the TouchID AppStore issue on any of my TouchID devices.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
When I had my Samsung phones I never remember that being the case. The amount of time that my phone lasted was the same from 100-50% as it was from 50-0%. Sometimes even longer from 50-0%. This has been my only gripe between having an iPhone instead of an android phone. My very first day of having an iPhone my best friend told me to be careful because once the battery reached 20% my phone would soon be dead. I was like holy s***. I couldn't believe how fast the battery drained from 20-0. Other than this I prefer the iPhone more

I'm not saying you're wrong because all phones act differently, mine drains normal all the way to zero. Feels like when it hits 20%, it drains slower.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 5S and iPad Air both updated to iOS 8.3 via iTunes. Everything seems to work as well as it was on 8.1.3 (I skipped 8.2)

Battery life seems like it could be a little better... but too early to really judge. We'll see over a few charge/discharge cycles over the next week.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Apple desperately needs a much better way to copy text...especially on web pages!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Shivanshu Vyas

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I had less than 500 MB of storage space left on my iPhone when I received the notification that iOS 8.3 is ready to be installed. After the update got installed I had around 1.3 GB storage space but I'm wondering if I had done the update via iTunes was there a chance of getting more storage space?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I had less than 500 MB of storage space left on my iPhone when I received the notification that iOS 8.3 is ready to be installed. After the update got installed I had around 1.3 GB storage space but I'm wondering if I had done the update via iTunes was there a chance of getting more storage space?

Updated via OTA and had 5.9 GB available with my 21 apps installed. Since I'd just been layering iOS updates on top of 8.0 I decided I'd plug into to iTunes and restore since I normally set up as new for iOS.X updates. Now, after a clean install of 8.3 through iTunes, I have 8.6 GB available with the same 21 apps and pics on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
How do I do that now? I mean now that I've already updated can I go back and re-update it via iTunes?

Plug you phone into your computer and launch iTunes. Do a full back up. When the backup finishes, do the Restore iPhone option. That will cause iTunes to download a full, new copy of iOS 8.3 and install it on your phone. Then you can restore your data from the backup you made at the beginning of this process.

Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 11.23.56 PM.png

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Plug you phone into your computer and launch iTunes. Do a full back up. When the backup finishes, do the Restore iPhone option. That will cause iTunes to download a full, new copy of iOS 8.3 and install it on your phone. Then you can restore your data from the backup you made at the beginning of this process.

View attachment 79817

This^^

The only thing I did differently was not restore my data from a backup. Set mine up as a brand spanking new 6 Plus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

From my experience the update file on iTunes is MUCH larger than OTA. For example one time OTA was 500mb and iTunes was over a gig

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
From my experience the update file on iTunes is MUCH larger than OTA. For example one time OTA was 500mb and iTunes was over a gig

True. The iTunes method installs the full, complete iOS. The OTA method only installs deltas to update the current level to the newest level. One could argue that problems could be introduced by not installing the entire new iOS. In my experience, I don't recall ever encountering that, but it can happen.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
True. The iTunes method installs the full, complete iOS. The OTA method only installs deltas to update the current level to the newest level. One could argue that problems could be introduced by not installing the entire new iOS. In my experience, I don't recall ever encountering that, but it can happen.

I've never had an issue with apple's ota updates. Back in the day with Palm, I would get a 'clogged' system after a few patches and had to finally install the new OS as a fresh complete install. Just my experience.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice