iOS 8.3 now available - 4/8/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
So I updated my iPad and iPhone and to be honest, I'm not noticing any difference... Which is probably a good thing, lol.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh no... I spoke too fast:
My battery life is dwindling down to noting at high speed on my iPad.
I've turned off background apps, rebooted...
Now what?

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. I made a complaint. Simple and plain. I didn't blame Apple for anything. I said the addition of the new emojis wasn't as cool since I can't use them as frequently. Not sure why your input and defense of Apple was needed.

Your friends will still be able to see them, they just can't see the different skin tone. I tried it out with my GS5 & 6+...I still see the emojis

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh, I figured it out... And in case I had any doubt, I am still a techtard, lol.
I'm burning battery at Mach 2 because I'm setting up my icloud photo library and I have a lot of pics that need uploading and downloading in every direction.
*facepalm* :rotfl:

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I swear that this version is the most solid version of 8.x released to date. This thing is rock-solid stable. It's much faster, animations seem smoother with less dropped frames, apps seem to launch faster, apps come back from suspended mode faster, even apps seem far more responsive. I also seem to be having less app refreshes including Safari tabs.

All in all, Apple really hit it out of the park with this release.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I swear that this version is the most solid version of 8.x released to date. This thing is rock-solid stable. It's much faster, animations seem smoother with less dropped frames, apps seem to launch faster, apps come back from suspended mode faster, even apps seem far more responsive. I also seem to be having less app refreshes including Safari tabs.

All in all, Apple really hit it out of the park with this release.

This feels exactly like the 7.1 release. You're right.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
This feels exactly like the 7.1 release. You're right.
Didn't experience iOS 7, I was still using Android at the time. I recently converted to the iPhone and iOS. I've had my iPhone for about two months, maybe a month and a half.

It's truly nice to have a device that gets timely software updates.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Didn't experience iOS 7, I was still using Android at the time. I recently converted to the iPhone and iOS. I've had my iPhone for about two months, maybe a month and a half.

It's truly nice to have a device that gets timely software updates.
7.1 was basically what iOS 7 should have been from the start. Once these updates get into the hands of millions of users it's practically beta testing now.

Hopefully this new public beta system will help along for future iOS major releases.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
Found out today that in Chrysler/Jeep vehicles with UConnect, the system now can read your texts, where before it couldn't - was only available for Android devices until this new update for iOS. Pretty cool addition IMO.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.