Switching between apps - app has to always rerun

Retko

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I use a lot of switching between apps, not some big apps (I guess), just browser, reader, dictionary, wikipedia. They have to rerun all the time. It takes like 5 seconds, not too much one might say, but it is, and its annoying.

I am using IPad Air (not 2). Guess 2 would be better. But what can i do now to make it fast and better memory management.
Throw me some technical stuff. System apps, cydia tweaks with jailbreak etc.

Thanks

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, you can't. That's the nature of the OS. It will always reload an app but it will take less time to do so than it would if you opened the app up after swiping it closed in the app switcher.

Imagine how much fun I'm having with this feature on an old ipad 2...

You can make your iPad faster by switching off some of the background features, like I have. Things such as the transparencies or the Reduce Motion toggle. It'll help more on an older iPad than on. Newer one. It even a newer one should see some improvement.

There are Cydia tweaks that speed up the transitions between apps. I used to have one but I haven't jailbroken for so long I can't remember the name.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Just like high said. The nature of the os is to conserve battery so that's why it goes dormant until relaunched. Android keeps apps running but then you sacrifice battery life. It's the lesser of two evils on which is more important Haha.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. Just like high said. The nature of the os is to conserve battery so that's why it goes dormant until relaunched. Android keeps apps running but then you sacrifice battery life. It's the lesser of two evils on which is more important Haha.

I would take the better battery life any day of the week

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
And don't forget, when you're using Safari or any other browser, don't ***** when they have to rerun. Aren't people aware of the fact that web browsers refresh all the time when new content is added?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner