Since IOS 8.2, the battery life on my ipad air 2 is terrible.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Use it a few more days and see if it doesn't shake itself out. It may be how your battery level is being depicted rather than it's actual state of charge.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Use it a few more days and see if it doesn't shake itself out. It may be how your battery level is being depicted rather than it's actual state of charge.

Hmmm. I'll try that, though it has been a couple days already. I just did a soft reset after shutting down all my apps, we'll see.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
You can also try charging the device to capacity while powered off and then use it to see if things improve. Have you gone through each setting, especially the ones regarding fitness and disabled the things you don't need?

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
I've experienced similar and it has been going on for weeks even with settings optimized. It is not just your iPad Air2

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
You can also try charging the device to capacity while powered off and then use it to see if things improve. Have you gone through each setting, especially the ones regarding fitness and disabled the things you don't need?

No, I need to do that, esp. since I don't use the fitness apps. Thanks.

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Check sync settings also. I have had several instances where my accounts were stuck in an endless sync terrorizing my battery. You will see the little moving circle beside the account if that's happening.

G1ggs

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
You can do like this, it will help you know that your battery life is terrible or not:
- Download iBackupBot app on your PC (Windows/Mac)
- Open the app and connect to iPad Air 2 by cable.
- Touch to your device name in the app and touch to "More Information".
- You can see information of the battery here. "DesignCapacity" is the maximum capacity of the original battery, and "FullChargeCapacity" is is the maximum capacity of the current battery. If there is a large difference between them, I think that you should go to the iCenter. :(

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been seeing poor battery life on my iPad 2 and iPhone 5 since updating to iOS8.2. One day, the iPad went from over 90% to less than 30% overnight while I was sleeping. The iPad was safely tucked away in its case with a Smart Cover closed and no app was running in the foreground.

The phone now sometimes drops somewhere between 5% and 10% overnight on my nightstand - if I manage to end the day with it over 90% charged (if it was plugged into power at work and/or in the car on the drive home, forex) I'll forgo the overnight charge because it'll be plugged into power on the drive to work. Before the update, not charging it overnight would result in a charge drop between 3% and 5%.

I have fully power cycled both devices, and for an unrelated issue I did a full wipe/restore-as-new then restored my backup of the iPhone. No change to this issue.

As of when Apple announced the free battery replacement thing last Summer for the iPhone 5, the battery of my iPhone tested good, and I have never had any battery issues on the iPad prior to this update.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Check sync settings also. I have had several instances where my accounts were stuck in an endless sync terrorizing my battery. You will see the little moving circle beside the account if that's happening.

wait... sync settings? which ones? im only seeing "sync with itunes"...

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Under settings go to mail contacts and calendars. You will see a spinning icon beside your accounts if they are syncing. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427326546.588360.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods