reminder & calendar alerts

meryl36

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
hi
I just got a new iphone 6 and I asked siri to remind me about something. She said she would & I confirmed the reminder. Then, I never got a reminder. I also don't get a reminder about things on my calendar even though I did set my work calendar up as the default calendar.
i'm really not tech savy so if anyone can help me i'd appreciate it. I never had this issue with my old iphone 4si
thanks
Meryl

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
1. Is the mute switch enabled on the side of the phone?
2. Is the Do Not Disturb feature enabled?
3. Go to Settings - Notifications and then check the settings for both Reminders and Calendar.

meryl36

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
it's not muted
do not disturb is set to manual & is not on
what are the settings supposed to be for reminders & calendars in notification?
thanks
Meryl

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
it's not muted
do not disturb is set to manual & is not on
what are the settings supposed to be for reminders & calendars in notification?
thanks
Meryl

They are suppose to be set in a manner that gets your attention, but what method is best depends on you and what you prefer. Anyway, just make sure that there's a notification sound selected, test it out to see if you like it or not, and if not, change it.

mr-o

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Heh, I have a similar problem, that when I set a reminder via siri it gets saved to my Shopping List reminder list, so I end up forgetting about it unless I check my shopping list AND my reminder list!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Heh, I have a similar problem, that when I set a reminder via siri it gets saved to my Shopping List reminder list, so I end up forgetting about it unless I check my shopping list AND my reminder list!

Siri will save reminders to your "default" list. To change the default, go to Settings - Reminders - Default List

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox