Photo/Video Orientation With Camera On Lock Screen

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
If I use the Camera icon on the lock screen, the orientation is backwards for the final product. For instance, I'll slide up and record a video in landscape with the volume buttons facing the ground. When I view the video through the Photos app and hold my 5s the same way (volume buttons down), the video displays portrait, but not the "normal" portrait style. It turns the entire video from landscape to portrait. As for photos, they are sometime portrait and sometimes upside down. I have to alter the orientation within the Edit options.

I have experienced all sorts of issues with the Camera throughout all versions of iOS and iDevices.

Anyone else have this particular issue? If not, test it and reply.

Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I use the Camera icon on the lock screen, the orientation is backwards for the final product. For instance, I'll slide up and record a video in landscape with the volume buttons facing the ground. When I view the video through the Photos app and hold my 5s the same way (volume buttons down), the video displays portrait, but not the "normal" portrait style. It turns the entire video from landscape to portrait. As for photos, they are sometime portrait and sometimes upside down. I have to alter the orientation within the Edit options.

I have experienced all sorts of issues with the Camera throughout all versions of iOS and iDevices.

Anyone else have this particular issue? If not, test it and reply.

Thanks!

I just created a set video with my iPhone 6 Plus in the same manner you mentioned above ( via the Lockscreen in landscape mode with the volume buttons facing the ground). Yet, during playback, the video plays in landscape mode which is the same manner it was recorded. You may have a bad/corrupted iOS version. Try a clean install and then try again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods