iOS 8.2 released

melmurphy

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Finally updated last night. Seems a bit snappier when opening apps on my Mini 3. Battery seems to be dying a little faster but I've always had that happen initially after an update. Once I let it die and recharge it'll show it's true potential.

I think I'll update my iPhone 5c, if there are good performance enhancements, that'll be more obvious with that device than my 6.
How did your 5c perform after the update?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
After being on 8.2 for a while, I have noticed that Safari seems a little better. Some of those bugs gone. It still needs work though.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
i keep getting a no sim error.
turning airplane mode on and off does not fix the problem.

i need to power off and on to get it searching for signal again.

wondering if anyone else has this issue on 8.2? using a 6+

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
This is the last time I'll get a 16gb device, ever haha. I'm not sure why but I always feel like if I use all my device's storage it will slow down. So I always keep at least 4gb free. Weird, I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I do the same thing don't worry! Ironically I have a 64gb 6 and I try to keep it as free as possible which makes no sense but it's my OCD. I can't justify getting a bigger iPad as I never really keep music or games in it. I just use it for surfing, reading, shopping and watching a film or two when travelling. I always delete the films after I've seen them so that isn't an issue. I just think it's really poor the big guns get away without implementing a proper garbage collection to clear the temp cache.

One thing I will never do again is buy a wifi only iPad. I had no idea that only the 3/4G iPads have GPS. I'd love to have my TomTom app on my mini and use all the other features within apps from having GPS.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Haha I do the same thing don't worry! Ironically I have a 64gb 6 and I try to keep it as free as possible which makes no sense but it's my OCD. I can't justify getting a bigger iPad as I never really keep music or games in it. I just use it for surfing, reading, shopping and watching a film or two when travelling. I always delete the films after I've seen them so that isn't an issue. I just think it's really poor the big guns get away without implementing a proper garbage collection to clear the temp cache.

One thing I will never do again is buy a wifi only iPad. I had no idea that only the 3/4G iPads have GPS. I'd love to have my TomTom app on my mini and use all the other features within apps from having GPS.
That's true on older phones like the 4s on iOS 8. It's recommended to keep 20% of the space free so as not to constrain the system. The newer phones are fine.

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
That's true on older phones like the 4s on iOS 8. It's recommended to keep 20% of the space free so as not to constrain the system. The newer phones are fine.

Haha regardless on whether it has virtual memory or not I still have this habit of not filling up my devices. I think it's just being stuck in my ways from the old school tech days of the early 90's.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What common issues are you experiencing?
Was having issue where shortcuts can not be deleted in Settings. May still be that way. It's a common iOS 8 problem. The shortcuts I had created 3 years ago were interfering with my stock keyboard use. I made some bad ones. I would delete them, but they came back. There's a thread about the issue on an Apple Discussion Board. The only way to fix it is to restore the phone as new. I did that. All my shortcuts went away and I started fresh. Also the common issue of the 3rd party keyboards causing the messages app to freeze up. They also don't play well with contacts. When I try to enter info for a contact using SwiftKey or other keyboards, the cursor is all over the place. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox