iOS 8.2 released

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I recently restored as new, and I'm glad I did. Cured several issues. It's a bit of a pain, but worth it in the long run.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I recently restored as new, and I'm glad I did. Cured several issues. It's a bit of a pain, but worth it in the long run.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Yes, that's been my experience as well.. And quite frankly, it wasn't that much of an hassle to get things back as before the restore. But to do so, I made screenshots of every single setting and even homescreen and settings of the individual apps.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone experiencing battery drain issues? I have an iPhone 5 and the battery seems to be draining a lot faster since the update.

Nope, battery life has been awesome on my 5S after updating

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Watch app is pretty smart from a marketing perspective. For most people who don't want a watch, they just bury it in a folder with the other pre-installed apps they never use. But every so often someone is going to investigate that app and see what the watch is all about.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone experiencing battery drain issues? I have an iPhone 5 and the battery seems to be draining a lot faster since the update.

No. In fact, my battery life has improved, and it was great before the update. Granted, I'm at work and am not using the device as much...;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
By battery seems the same. I use an iPhone 5 as well. @PortCity79 Maybe your just using it a bit more than usual due to the Watch stuff.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Update seems a bit "smoother". Battery life has improved for me. But I dropped a bunch of apps recently in the past 24 hrs. But glad to see the release notes fixes some issues.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Update on my phone went fine, iPad rMini, not so much. I can't get emails at all. I've rebooted, forgotten the network, deleted account, added it back, nothing works. Will only says last updated at 6:28 am which is right before I updated the iPad. Anyone have any ideas?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Wonder how it'll affect my 5c. Haven't done any updates yet. At Car wash right now, no Wi-Fi.

I did both my hubby's and daughters 5C & so far there's no complaints from either of them, because trust me....if there was an issue I'd hear all about it as to why I HAVE to upgrade their devices every time a new iOS drops lol.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
battery life wouldn't be so bad... IF ONLY I could STOP playing SimCity!!!!!!! LOL!!!! 33% battery usage for that app alone!!!

I'm not addicted... I swear... ;) lol

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
My battery is fine on my 6+, but some are saying turning off "fitness tracker" improves their battery life. In the privacy settings section. I turned it off since I don't use it, don't see a need for it to be on. The default setting is on tho.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods