Why doesn't delete individual text work most of the time on iOS 8?

I

iMore Question

Delete individual texts doesn't work most of the time on IOS 8

I have read the directions and this sometimes works. However, most of the time the trashcan never appears at the bottom of the screen. Still have the normal camera, space to type a message, and send button. I seem to have to power the phone off/on before I get the trashcan back

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Delete individual texts doesn't work most of the time on IOS 8

I can only assume you have a corrupt setting or corrupt iOS download. Having said that, iOS 8.2 is believed to be released today, and if so, I recommend that you do a clean install of it, and then set up the device as new, and not from a backup. Afterwards, test to make sure any text messages you receive can be deleted individually without you having to reboot to display the trash bin.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I don't delete individual texts very much, but I did run into this problem the other day. I simply just closed the Messages app, reopened it, and the trash can appeared. Never had to power off the phone.

ken04thompson

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Thanks,

You are correct that if you force the Message application to close (not just go in background), it works correctly when you restart it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2