Safari Smart Banners not working?

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, just got a new iPhone 6+ (first iPhone) and Smart Banners are not working in Safari. For instance, if I go to amazon.com it should prompt me to open the app right? It is not doing this. Any ideas? Thanks,

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It depends... Not every web page will prompt opening an app if you have it installed... Nothing to worry about.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, pages I know for a fact that have this feature weren't working such as YouTube and Amazon. Turning off Popup Blocker seems to have fixed it though. Does anyone know if it's possible to have the blocker on and still get banners?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, pages I know for a fact that have this feature weren't working such as YouTube and Amazon. Turning off Popup Blocker seems to have fixed it though. Does anyone know if it's possible to have the blocker on and still get banners?

I was going to say "rejoice in the failure" on the theory that if you wanted to use the app, you would have done so in the first place. I, for one hate those banners. If I wanted to use the app, I would have installed it in the first place.

BTW, I have the pop-up block setting enabled on my iPhone and I have always gotten those banners.

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I was going to say "rejoice in the failure" on the theory that if you wanted to use the app, you would have done so in the first place. I, for one hate those banners. If I wanted to use the app, I would have installed it in the first place.

BTW, I have the pop-up block setting enabled on my iPhone and I have always gotten those banners.
It would be nice if the app just opened up but over all I'm not too concerned with it. But the banners appears to be working now with pop up blocker turned back on so I'm not sure what the deal was. Thanks guys!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't like those banners either. If I want to use the app, I go to it, and not Safari. If I don't have an app and want it, I download it. Those banners are useless as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro