I updated to iOS 8.1.3, now the Podcasts app is gone how do I get it back?

shakeitsalome

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Updated to iOS 8.1.3 - now Podcasts app is gone

Good morning all you beautiful people. Hoping someone can offer some assistance.

Updated to 8.1.3 on my 5s yesterday morning. At the time everything seemed to be working fine, as per the usual when I've updated in the past. I noticed that after the update approximately 1GB of free space had become available but thought nothing of it. This morning, I went to catch up on a favorite podcast and found the app has simply disappeared.

I didn't notice yesterday for two reasons: 1) I didn't use the app and 2)the app is kept in a folder that I didn't go into until this morning.

It's the native Podcasts app from Apple. I went to the app store to see if I could download it, but it only gives me the option to open it. Tapping 'open' does nothing. Using Spotlight search doesn't show it, either.

The app is still listed under Manage Storage and shows 3.4 MB of Documents & Data' but otherwise I can find not the barest trace of it.

I did backup with iTunes before updating - will restoring from yesterdays backup put everything to rights? So far all I've done is turned it off an on again. I've never restored a backup and have no idea what that will entail.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods