iOS 8.1.3 is out now. Post feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have seen one problem not reported by others here - actually an impact of 8.1.3 not a problem per se. You may find updates to corporate apps you use will not install. Details below; in my case, a security fix that Apple made in iOS 8.1.3 has rendered the provisioning profile used for beta testers of an app unusable. They are working on configuring Test Flight for upcoming betas which should resolve the issue. It's one of these two fixes (or both) reported at About the security content of iOS 8.1.3 - Apple Support

• MobileInstallation
    Available for: iPhone 4s and later, iPod touch (5th generation) and later, iPad 2 and later
    Impact: A malicious enterprise-signed application may be able to take control of the local container for applications already on a device
    Description: A vulnerability existed in the application installation process. This was addressed by preventing enterprise applications from overriding existing applications in specific scenarios.
  • Springboard
    Available for: iPhone 4s and later, iPod touch (5th generation) and later, iPad 2 and later
    Impact: Enterprise-signed applications may be launched without prompting for trust
    Description: An issue existed in determining when to prompt for trust when first opening an enterprise-signed application. This issue was addressed through improved code signature validation.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Not me...;)

I'm the only one??? Wow....

It works fine for Boxer (which I use,) but whenever I try to send an in app link, it defaults to the stock app and that's when the issue arises. Weird. It's happened since I upgraded to the 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea there's definitely something wrong. I am going to have to contact Applecare. I lost my signal (full on No Service) at least once an hour, sometimes for up to 10 min.

agarwal.apar

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Updated my iPhone 5 and I feel it has become a bit snappier than before. Also, it freed up 100MB space on my 16GB device which is a bonus.

Overall, I am happy! :)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yea there's definitely something wrong. I am going to have to contact Applecare. I lost my signal (full on No Service) at least once an hour, sometimes for up to 10 min.

I think either it's a hardware issue or a tower issue. Have you tried turning LTE off to see if that helps?

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

gwelker

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
having issues installing the update - apple iTunes is very slow right now, and am getting disconnected several times. Application update got locked up last night.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Same here. My iPhone is definitely snappier...:)

I actually think my 5S did too, as well as my battery which seems to be a smidgen improved !!

I just completely depleted the battery till it shut down, and now it's on an undisturbed charge till it reaches 100%.....my usual method after an iOS update.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
having issues installing the update - apple iTunes is very slow right now, and am getting disconnected several times. Application update got locked up last night.

Have you tried the basic remedies to trouble shoot.....like, close iTunes and reboot your computer. While that's booting up, reboot your router & phone as well.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I actually think my 5S did too, as well as my battery which seems to be a smidgen improved !!

I just completely depleted the battery till it shut down, and now it's on an undisturbed charge till it reaches 100%.....my usual method after an iOS update.

You're an iPhone veteran and know how to make your device operate at an optimum for you ....:)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I think either it's a hardware issue or a tower issue. Have you tried turning LTE off to see if that helps?
Yep, did all that, and with ATT present, in fact. I happen to know some folks there. lol We ruled that out, at least.

They did however note that the signal in this building wavers a lot, and we're right by where some of the train tunnels are, so they wondered if we're all encountering interference. (All of us here besides 2 people have ATT.)

Keep us posted pls.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Yep. The chat person did the extended diagnostics and escalated it. The guy I got next level up called me back about a half hour later, and got an engineer (I think they seriously see my name and phone number and just go get them now, after that 4S disaster) and they THINK it was a bad install, or at least the advisors do, but whatever my diagnostics showed was pretty unusual (always the case...)

They want me to call tonight when I get home where my mac that I back up to is and we're going to do a restore, and they are going to rerun diagnostics the way we just did them. Then we're going to see if there's something they found in mine related to a bug, if there was just a bad install, or if they want me to get my phone replaced and sent in.

I am feeling very much like I will be reliving the 4S...And seriously, this thing was great til the 8.1.2 update. No issues AT ALL.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The last 2 updates I have had problems with using Apple Pay after the update. I had to reload my cards again then they worked. Anyone see this after this update? I may wait till 8.2 before updating my iP6.

Edit 1: Well I found that when I signed out of iCloud and turned off Find my iPhone all my link credit cards were deleted. So I updated. took 45 minutes after several tries to connect. See what happens now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.