iOS 8.1.3 is out now. Post feedback here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue with having to sign into iTunes every time you compose an email in the stock app? Happens only in stock, but not on 3rd party apps. Thought the update would fix, but no go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having an issue with having to sign into iTunes every time you compose an email in the stock app? Happens only in stock, but not on 3rd party apps. Thought the update would fix, but no go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. Not me...;)

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
My personal device is doing just fine. Crushed my company's access to multiple company specific built apps. It's funny we are always told DO NOT update until IT says it's okay. Out of 20,000 or so people, a couple thousand upgrade and destroy their ability to work. Usually when the new versions of the OS come out, certain apps need to be tweaked and then we can update. But to the point, my iPhone 6 personal device is running smooth.

Trappiste

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Alright. I am getting complains from users that after updating to 8.1.3, their weather widget disappeared from the notification centre (the pull-down view.) It is just... gone. And it cannot be re-activated, since it is not listed as available, nor is it found in the settings -> allow/disable notifications (whatever these are called in English.) The weather app itself is still available. Only the widget has been deleted during the update. Setting up the device as new will not remedy the issue. Both old and new iPs are affected. WTF?

EDIT: Disabling/re-enabling 'allow the app to run in the background' has no effect. The widget remains unavailable.

EDIT2: A local user forum has confirmed the issue: European iPhones are randomly losing the weather widget after updating to 8.1.3. Great job, Apple.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Alright. I am getting complains from users that after updating to 8.1.3, their weather widget disappeared from the notification centre (the pull-down view.) It is just... gone. And it cannot be re-activated, since it is not listed as available, nor is it found in the settings -> allow/disable notifications (whatever these are called in English.) The weather app itself is still available. Only the widget has been deleted during the update. Setting up the device as new will not remedy the issue. Both old and new iPs are affected. WTF?

EDIT: Disabling/re-enabling 'allow the app to run in the background' has no effect. The widget remains unavailable.

EDIT2: A local user forum has confirmed the issue: European iPhones are randomly losing the weather widget after updating to 8.1.3. Great job, Apple.

Which weather widget are you talking about? There are probably several hundred in the app store. It could be an issue for Apple (report it here: [URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p]Apple - iPhone - Feedback[/URL]) or it could be something else. Details are important.

Trappiste

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Which weather widget are you talking about? There are probably several hundred in the app store. It could be an issue for Apple (report it here: [URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p]Apple - iPhone - Feedback[/URL]) or it could be something else. Details are important.

Apple's own, the one that comes pre-installed on iOS.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone come across a situation where iMessage either will not switch to landscape mode or when it does, the keyboard remains in portrait mode?

View attachment 76441

This happened to me by complete accident in the first days of having the 6 Plus, I remember. I usually have my phone orientation locked to portrait and I had it unlocked and opened the messages app in landscape, turned it around to portrait and got that. I didn't have the presence of mind to take a screen shot though.

Trappiste

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
It could be an issue for Apple (report it here: [URL="https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p]Apple - iPhone - Feedback[/URL])

That site is utterly useless and a waste of time. It is like trying to communicate with a black hole: One can feed it as much stuff as one has energy to expend, but nothing will ever come back. For all one knows, the report may as well simply be forwarded to /dev/null wihtout anyone who knows anything about the matter ever reading it; so why bother.

I know how to report bugs, though, as I do that regularry on various opensource project's bug tracking systems. But there someone actually reads the report, processes it transparently and communicates back as necessary. So these systems make sense for an end user, whereas Apple's does not.

Last edited:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
That site is utterly useless and a waste of time. It is like trying to communicate with a black hole: One can feed it as much stuff as one has energy to expend, but nothing will ever come back. For all one knows, the report may as well simply be forwarded to /dev/null wihtout anyone who knows anything about the matter ever reading it; so why bother.

I know how to report bugs, though, as I do that regularry on various opensource project's bug tracking systems. But there someone actually reads the report, processes it transparently and communicates back as necessary. So these systems make sense for an end user, whereas Apple's does not.

Well Apple feedback is all ya got. To have a voice you gotta vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh