Numerous bugs with iOS 8.1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Overall I think iOS 8 has more bugs and glitches than any previous iOS versions...however some specific annoying ones I've experienced numerous times are:

* problems with changing from portrait to landscape modes (sometimes it does not respond and I feel like it gets stuck in a landscape mode unless I exit out of the app)
* Siri is activated randomly when I try to double press the home button. And it gets stuck at Siri screen for a couple of seconds
* spotlight search sometimes fail and reboot of system is needed
* notifications do not go away when swiping up and the notification is stuck on the screen unless home button is pressed (this occurs more often)
* charging is not reliable ? Last night my phone definitely charged (I heard the charging sound) and woke up this morning and the battery isn't charged fully

These are just a few on top of my head...so anyone else experience similar bugs? Why is Apple becoming more like android (in terms of more bugs etc.?)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I experience problems 1, 3, and 4 that you listed on both 6 and 6 Plus. They were even present in the iOS 8 betas that I ran on my 5S over the summer. It's just something that Apple needs to work out in a near future release.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I experience numbers 1 and 3 at least once every day or two. Lately when I double click the home button to go into something, the favorite contacts icons will remain on the screen for a second also. Nothing terrible but annoying nonetheless

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The bugs I've encountered have been minor, and have not diminished my user experience, thankfully. Anyway, hopefully, iOS 8.1.3 will remedy the remaining bugs.

Trappiste

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
iOS 8 broke the Weather app, which will only sporadically update the weather in the background. But often it will not update the weather even when the app is launched. More problematic is that it can go for a full day without loading ANY weather data, showing -- (two dashes) as the current temperature.

It is quite amazing they manage to get something so basic so broken. Reminds me of Maps, and, of course, the legendary 7.0.x Reminders app that randomly deleted reminders for 6 months until 7.1 was released. But Apple's software quality (non)assurance is quite legendary, of course.

I have been told by a colleague that the weather app disfunctionality only occurs for non-North-American users; in said continent, and especially in California, it works just fine, Ah, of course.

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes the stock weather app is always wrong for me. Here is a screenshot of a perfect example.

The weather underground app is correctly displaying is raining outside, which I can confirm, but the stock weather app permanently says it's clear outside. Go figure. Oddly the temperature is always correct but not the conditions.
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1421380882.687433.jpg

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The only bug I have and I've had this for awhile is sometimes spotlight search doesn't give any results. Otherwise iOS 8.1.2 is fine for me.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Here's an odd bug. I don't know if it's an iTunes issue or an iOS 8 bug. But when I go to the App Store and copy the link to share, it only shows the developer name. They don't all do that way, but I've had maybe 4 that did. One is My Talking Pet. Fun app. Here's all I get when I paste the link.
My Talking Pet by WOBA Media

I tried it on my Wife's phone and it did the same way. So it's not my phone. Last week I had it happen to the camera app, ProShot. But later it worked.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes the stock weather app is always wrong for me. Here is a screenshot of a perfect example.

The weather underground app is correctly displaying is raining outside, which I can confirm, but the stock weather app permanently says it's clear outside. Go figure. Oddly the temperature is always correct but not the conditions.
View attachment 75583
I'm so disappointed in Apple's iPhone stock weather app that I deleted all locations and don't use it at all. I keep it hid in my "not used" folder with Newsstand. I have 4 great weather apps I use. Apple should do better.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Here's an odd bug. I don't know if it's an iTunes issue or an iOS 8 bug. But when I go to the App Store and copy the link to share, it only shows the developer name. They don't all do that way, but I've had maybe 4 that did. One is My Talking Pet. Fun app. Here's all I get when I paste the link.

I tried it on my Wife's phone and it did the same way. So it's not my phone. Last week I had it happen to the camera app, ProShot. But later it worked.

I noticed that yesterday or the day before when I was trying to link to an app I had referenced. I hope it's just a bug.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I've had that happen since Saturday, and looking on reddit its affected 8.1.x versions too (my iPod on 8.1 and my iPhone on 8.1.2 are affected)

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I experience the issue with rotating between portrait and landscape on my iPhone 6 Plus about once a month or less. I do see it, but nothing to get my shorts in a wad over.

Otherwise, 8.1.2 is extremely stable and solid.

bcopeland97

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I found two bugs in iOS 8.1.2 on my iPhone 5
1. Sometimes the stock music app will randomly skip a track halfway through.
2. The OS will just randomly freeze up and you are not even using that many system resources.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
^^^The random Music app skipping may be related to the app crashing. iOS is good at quickly recovering from app crashes, and it happens fast enough that if you don't see it happen, it may sound like skipping. Not saying you didn't see or hear the skips, just summarizing one way it may happen.

Some iOS native apps are crashing on iOS 8.1.2. WebKit = Safari. MobileMail = native Mail app, along with the native Music and Reminders apps. It may be that some 3rd party apps are helping to trigger the native app crashes, or the inverse. I'm putting up with the native app crashes with the hope that the next iOS update solves that.

Attachments

• Photo Jan 20, 11 30 16 PM.jpg
    Photo Jan 20, 11 30 16 PM.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 25

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues with the music controls in control center. Frequently when I hit play nothing happens and I have to open the music app to get my music playing

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
The bug I have is big: It breaks my connection, CONSTANTLY. I never had signal issues, but when I did the 8.1.2 update, I lose service all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice